The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A definitive FF image thread ? ? ?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Would it not be good to have an image thread for all FF images , regardless of the camera and lens used ? ? ?
There is a thread for µFT (Panasonic and Olympus) images plus issues .
We have a thread for all MF images , regardless if analog or digital and what camera was used . A thread for technical camera images , regardless of the camera brand .
So why not have an image thread for all FF images taken with LEICA , PENTAX , SONY etc.

IMO it could be called : The definitve FF image thread , or so .

pegelli

Are you suggesting to merge the Canon/Fuji/Leica/Nikon/Pentax and Sony Camera Forums into one FF Forum and one APS-C Forum?
That would align it more with the other Camera Forums you see on this page.

That would require serious moderator intervention and splitting the old threads and posts in these two new categories is a near impossible task.
Keeping the old fora but creating the new ones will just spread the posts members make even thinner, so I don't think that's a good idea.

As Vivek said starting a gear agnostic FF thread can be done by anyone over here, but given the speed of the other threads there I don't expect it to get a lot of takers.

V

Vivek

I seriously wanted to start a CCD only thread elsewhere but my Leica MM's CCD corroded. :banghead:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
We all know , that its not the Camera of any brand that makes an image , but the person behind the camera .

Therefore my idea is , and I think , I pointed that out very clear , to have an IMAGE ONLY THREAD .
An IMAGE thread for FF images , taken with any FF camera . All existing threads shall stay untouched .

V

Vivek

Sure. You can start one in the section i pointed out above. Jack encourages that (read the first post in the sticky there).

pegelli

Sure. You can start one in the section i pointed out above. Jack encourages that (read the first post in the sticky there).
+1, if you start it I'll put pictures there and hopefully it will get off the ground.

seb

Hi Jürgen

I agree with you it's about the picture and not the gear you used. But:

Each forum needs a certain amount of visits of different people in a certain time. Otherwise the activity in this section dies. An image thread does a good job here.
The more different people are in a forum the higher the diversity of the discussions. Often these discussions are about the gear. That's why it is good to have brand related sections.
If it is only about the person behind the camera why then a restriction to full frame? We did the change recently to combine the sony FF and sony APSC cameras into one thread. It looks like more different people now share their pictures here. But maybe this is only because it is spring. :)

All in all: The disadvantages for the gear sections would be too high.

We all know , that its not the Camera of any brand that makes an image , but the person behind the camera .

Therefore my idea is , and I think , I pointed that out very clear , to have an IMAGE ONLY THREAD .
An IMAGE thread for FF images , taken with any FF camera . All existing threads shall stay untouched .