The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fringer Autofocus Adapter for CONTAX N mount

Spent some time with the Fringer autofocus adapter for CONTAX N (and 645) lenses and posted up a little review here:

Fringer N Adapter Review

I was impressed with the adapter and if you have access to any of the lenses for N-mount and want to shoot them on your Sony with PDAF support, don't hesitate.

Post any questions you might have here or on my site. Thanks!

$550 for a slow focusing adapter? No thanks!
The adapter doesn't focus slowly Vivek, but some of the N lenses do!

If the lens has a faster AF system, it will focus plenty quick on the Fringer. Admittedly, this is a niche product but if you have the lenses already, or can find them cheaply, it might make some people very happy.

scho

Spent some time with the Fringer autofocus adapter for CONTAX N (and 645) lenses and posted up a little review here:

Fringer N Adapter Review

I was impressed with the adapter and if you have access to any of the lenses for N-mount and want to shoot them on your Sony with PDAF support, don't hesitate.

Post any questions you might have here or on my site. Thanks!
Great review Chad. I've also been using the Fringer with CN 50/1.4, 24-85, and 70-200. Excellent lenses and as you have described they perform well with the Fringer on the Sony A7 class cameras.

V

Vivek

Chad, There are claims that some of the Canon EOS lenses (with adapter) focus faster on an A9 than on Canon bodies themselves!

Given the current focus of on fast AF and captures, yes, it is quite a niche product limited to a very narrow spectrum of old lenses.

The adapter doesn't focus slowly Vivek, but some of the N lenses do!

If the lens has a faster AF system, it will focus plenty quick on the Fringer. Admittedly, this is a niche product but if you have the lenses already, or can find them cheaply, it might make some people very happy.