The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7iii?

iiiNelson

... provided that is the only difference - which I doubt.
If it were so, that would be an excellent opportunity to get a second body.
Yeah im sure there would be fewer AF points as well but I could like with the range ONLY converting 70-80% of the frame as well.

V

Vivek

I will take a "budget SOny A9" over many others just for the sensor. Please add an USB Type C port and with increased base DR and excellent high ISO output as well. Keep the dual SD cards. :lecture:

I can live with 3 frames/s. :grin:

I can even live with a 5min shutdown when shooting in 4K. :ROTFL:

Also, no playstation apps!

Thanks Vivek. Quote:

"Overall this sounds like a “budget Sony A9” without the 20fps frame rate."

Now I like my A9 even more and got an extra 6 months of use. :grin:

iiiNelson

I will take a "budget SOny A9" over many others just for the sensor. Please add an USB Type C port and with increased base DR and excellent high ISO output as well. Keep the dual SD cards. :lecture:

I can live with 3 frames/s. :grin:

I can even live with a 5min shutdown when shooting in 4K. :ROTFL:

Also, no playstation apps!
Keepnin mind that the DR is about on par with he original A7R which provides excellent IQ to this day IMO. So while it's a little lower than the A7RII at base ISO it's not crap at base like the Internet would like people to believe. That being said do you really want to rummage through all the crap opinions about the shortcomings of a Sony camera from non-owners if Sony made the continuous shooting at 3fps? One thing I will say is that I don't use all the features on my cameras but half the time I'm glad they throw the kitchen sink in to shut people up.

V

Vivek

Understand that I base my expectations based on what I would like as an user. ;)

What you use or do not use in a Sony camera has no bearing on me.

I am way past the A7r. It is barely used at the moment. Disappointed that Sony ignored any FW updates for it. If one wants to use more recent lenses they are all crippled. Basically they have given up on the A7 first series as well.

Keepnin mind that the DR is about on par with he original A7R which provides excellent IQ to this day IMO. So while it's a little lower than the A7RII at base ISO it's not crap at base like the Internet would like people to believe. That being said do you really want to rummage through all the crap opinions about the shortcomings of a Sony camera from non-owners if Sony made the continuous shooting at 3fps? One thing I will say is that I don't use all the features on my cameras but half the time I'm glad they throw the kitchen sink in to shut people up.