Site Sponsors

Thread: Has anyone tried A900 + Schneider Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8 PC Super-Angulon?

Hoang

Has anyone tried A900 + Schneider Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8 PC Super-Angulon?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the A900 plus the Schneider Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8 PC Super-Angulon [http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Angulon.html] with the Minolta/Sony mount adaptor? It seems like this is the only wide angle shift lens available for this system. The Zoerk option is only for Pentax 6x7 or Hasseblad V system lenses (which are 40mm at the widest) because the 645 Zoerk options will be blocked by the prism housing of the A900. Will the Schneider 28mm also be blocked by the A900 housing?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Has anyone tried A900 + Schneider Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8 PC Super-Angulon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoang View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has tried the A900 plus the Schneider Wide Angle 28mm f/2.8 PC Super-Angulon [http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Angulon.html] with the Minolta/Sony mount adaptor? It seems like this is the only wide angle shift lens available for this system. The Zoerk option is only for Pentax 6x7 or Hasseblad V system lenses (which are 40mm at the widest) because the 645 Zoerk options will be blocked by the prism housing of the A900. Will the Schneider 28mm also be blocked by the A900 housing?

Hi Hoang, welcome to the Sony forum!

This shift lens is really well made, but may be getting relatively old optically. I had the Leica R mount version many years ago for a film Leica, but never used it on a digital camera.

Whether it will even work on a A900 in a vertical up shift mode is a good question. Perhaps a call to B&H is in order.

As to the optical performance, I'd post the question in the Leica forum here ... and see if some R users can shed some light on that question. To bad it isn't a tilt lens also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some caution is required when using shift on digital sensors. At extreme shifts some of the light from the lens comes in at a very oblique angle, possibly more than the sensor was designed to handle.
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Vinberg View Post
    Some caution is required when using shift on digital sensors. At extreme shifts some of the light from the lens comes in at a very oblique angle, possibly more than the sensor was designed to handle.
    I think that depends greatly on whether the sensor is using microlenses. Not sure the A900 does ... but it would be good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    I think that depends greatly on whether the sensor is using microlenses. Not sure the A900 does ... but it would be good to know.
    I thought all DSLR did. Anyway the Schneider doesn't get good reviews for IQ. It seems the best one money can buy is the Contax 35mm.

Post Thanks / Like

What about the hartbleis? Specially the 40mm. (http://hartblei.de/en/sr40if.htm)

They seem nice, but spendy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thus might be interesting if not seen yet:

www.16-9.net

Within is a test of various TS lenses