The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the post for the A7r III ?

DougDolde

Sounds like a fine camera to me. They fixed the faults of the Mk II which were keeping me from even considering it. Or D850 ? Which will it be ? I am attracted to the smaller size, EVF, and availability of Zeiss Batis AF lenses. No AF on Zeiss Nikon or Canon.

Good review from the Camera Store

https://youtu.be/Vi8KTgtruV4

k-hawinkler

Doug, V is playing with you ;)
There is a thread over on FM... http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1514000/0#14225543
Most if not all Zeiss Batis lenses carry a Tamron design Patent...It shouldn't really matter unless you are a Zeiss Purist...They are excellent lenses by all accounts...Cheers Barry
Thanks Barry.

Someone over there also was speculating that the Batis lenses were actually made by Fuji! :grin:
I guess my Batis 25 is the closest I have gotten so far to Fuji! :LOL:
Nothing wrong with that if true. Fuji makes great lenses. :thumbs:

V

Vivek

Nothing wrong with Tamron or Fuji lenses as long as Zeiss do not exploit their work.

DougDolde

But still, my point was why isn't anyone here interested in this camera?

My post is the only thread on this camera

k-hawinkler

There are lots of folks over at FM interested and have pre-ordered the A7r3.:grin:
I am very happy with my A9 and waiting for the A9r. :shocked: :thumbs:

But still, my point was why isn't anyone here interested in this camera?

My post is the only thread on this camera
Interest is through the roof on the a7RIII and my hunch is that it will sell in potentially record setting (for Sony) numbers. I just had some hands on with it today and will be doing a write-up in the next couple weeks (little spare time unfortunately) with my thoughts on why this camera is so appealing.

Long story short is that it is 90% of the a9 in form factor and UI, with the image quality+ of the a7RII. I don't think you can argue with that combination.