The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Image recovery from SD card: ARW files

V

Vivek

I accidentally deleted a bunch of images from a Sandisk SD card. Using the latest supplied imageresue program, I recovered what appeared to be all the deleted images.

The problem is, the recovered images have an extension of SR2 and corrupted (about 1/5th of the frame is blank).

Any suggestions from experience to fully recover ARW files? TIA!

Pradeep

Vivek, don't have a good answer, but as Tim says maybe renaming the extension would work.

I have used the Colorspace UDMA device (and its older versions in the past) for recovery of images from accidentally formatted cards or even when they would become unreadable on any other device. don't know if this helps.

Of course there are professional data recovery places if you really need the shots :grin:

V

Vivek

Thanks Tim and Pradeep. :)

The pro recovery experience (goes by the capacity of the card than the contents) of a broken 64GB card still hurts me financially!

The card in question is a 128GB one! Luckily these were test shots from a new camera (unlike the previous one) and are not that important.

EllinorWilliam

Using a photo recovery software is the most effective way in my view. Of course, there are free programs for recovering deleted photos, but they all have limitations. Most free photo recovery software are limited in functionality and even bundle some other annoying software/advertisement. Some even does not work at all without continuous update for years.
I advise you to try the free version of Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software. It gives free preview of photos before recovering so you can be sure you have the photos that you want to recover. It is one of the most powerful and user-friendly Photo Recovery software.
:D:D:D:D