Site Sponsors

Thread: And one with the A900 / Zeiss F1.4

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And one with the A900 / Zeiss F1.4

Shot on the 85mm F1.4 at F/2

Quentin
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: And one with the A900 / Zeiss F1.4

Very nice Quentin! Imho, this is currently the sharpest 85mm around. I used to think my Contax was very sharp from f/2.8 but this lens keeps on amazing me. It's brutally sharp from f/1.4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think you are right, Edward, but I did like my Nikkor 85mm F1.4 when I was a Nikon man, and now I want the Zeiss 135 F1.8 for the A900. It will give me a bit more space for portraits. Not cheap though, but then quality rarely is.

Quentin
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

ddk

The more I see from this camera and associated zeiss glass, the more impressed I am, just wish that there were a few more cz primes for the system, like the range of zf lenses they have for nikon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    The more I see from this camera and associated zeiss glass, the more impressed I am, just wish that there were a few more cz primes for the system, like the range of zf lenses they have for nikon.
    David,

I think your comments reflect the views of many - and that includes me, as I fell under the A900 spell not long after I saw a few shots taken by Jono, who (along with his charming wife, Emma) is quite a long time friend and with whom I seem share a similar taste in photo equipment.

Resistance is futile

Quentin
    Quentin Bargate

ddk

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    David,

I think your comments reflect the views of many - and that includes me, as I fell under the A900 spell not long after I saw a few shots taken by Jono, who (along with his charming wife, Emma) is quite a long time friend and with whom I seem share a similar taste in photo equipment.

Resistance is futile

Quentin
    Trust me I don't even have one resisting bone when it comes to these things. Jono seduced me with his first round of posts and I did go out to buy one when I found out about the lens situation. I'm zoom challenged and Sony doesn't have any Zeiss primes in the 14mm to 50mm which is my main shooting range. In my case a system change constitutes at least 3 bodies and one underwater housing to begin with, the investment doesn't make sense without the glass and I'm not interested in old Minoltas which I know nothing about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'd like more primes too. A fast Zeiss 35mm would be very welcome!

Quentin
    Quentin Bargate