The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

View camera adapter for A7rii?

NoBob

Hi,

Does anyone know of a view camera adapter for the a7rii, like the one Fuji makes for the GFX 50s?

Thanks.

NoBob

Hi Chiek,

Will it fit the 4x5 version of the Arca Swiss Universalis? Could you tell me how much you charge for it, please?

Thanks.

Audii-Dudii

Does anyone know of a view camera adapter for the a7rii, like the one Fuji makes for the GFX 50s?
Such as this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moveable-Camera-Adapter-For-Sony-Nex-To-Linhof-Sinar-Toyo-Wista-Horseman-4x5/282754301743?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49917%26meid%3D453724508f434f9ea91202aa948bd39c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D282771040056%26itm%3D282754301743&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Personally, if I had an Arca Swiss Universalis, I would just buy the necessary parts to convert it to the DSLR version. <shrugs>

DougDolde

I don't get why anyone would want to do this. Just get a tilt shift lens. It's not that complicated

Audii-Dudii

I don't get why anyone would want to do this. Just get a tilt shift lens. It's not that complicated
The answer to that is easy: Because mounting a digital camera on a view camera turns every lens that's used into a tilt/shift lens, including lenses for which no tilt/shift equivalents exist (such as the Contax N 17-35/f2.8 zoom I often use on my Toyo VX-23D, shown below, along with many other lenses.)

Plus, one can combine a wide variety of lenses and digital cameras and if/when they ever choose to upgrade or change one or the other, they won't need to replace the entire system, merely one part of it.

And unlike most t/s lenses, which provide only front movements, lenses mounted on a view camera typically allow for the use of rear movements, which don't change the position of the lens and require one to recompose the photo afterward or cause parallax errors when several files are stitched together.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Bugleone

An A7 mounted on a Toho (not Toyo) would be fantastic, leight and flexible.....even Audi-Dudi would like it.

RodK

Hi,

Thanks.
Arca makes what you need for your Universalis 4x5 camera.
You need the DSLR bellows, The bayonet for Sony, and an Arca-Swiss L bracket.
Thats all unless you want to shoot longer than 120mm lenses, in which case you would also need the long DSLR bellows.

Rod

MrSmith

Seems like total masochism to me
Not at all, my only concern would be the movements and how precise they are, some older view cameras are not precise enough for 35mm sensors and the image plane can move when locking/unlocking or not be parallel.