The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

KIPON AF adapters for Contax 645 lens on Sony E/FE mount

Audii-Dudii

Why would anyone want to do this given the range of native glass available?
Well, I can think of several reasons off the top of my head: 1) Somebody on a budget who already has a collection of C645 lenses on hand; 2) Somebody who wants a compact and inexpensive backup for their medium-format digital rig, just in case; 3) Somebody who just likes the way that C645 lenses render images; 4) Etc.

As it happens, all three of those reasons apply to me, which is why I'm considering buying one of these adapters to use with my A7R. The reason I haven't already done so is because I also have Fringer and NAM-1 adapters, which although not nearly as streamlined as having a single adapter, are generally adequate for my purposes and also allow me to use my Contax N lenses as well.

thrice

One of those adapters has a focal reducer (aka speed booster) which is very interesting!

Audii-Dudii

One of those adapters has a focal reducer (aka speed booster) which is very interesting!
Indeed, it is!

Ignoring, for the moment, the lack of having any rise/fall/shift movements when using these adapters--which is a significant issue for me--turning my 35/45/55/80/140/210 combo into a ~24/31/38/56/100/150 combo would be practically perfect for my purposes.