The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

flash exposure compensation confusion

plinden

I'm confused, I recently bought an A7R III and a F60M flash. All seems to be working well BUT I expected to see whatever flash exposure compensation I dialed in, in the body, would show up on the flash display too. Not so! It seems I can set the flash exp comp on one device or the other, but the amount won't be reflected on both readouts? What is going on? Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Peter

seb

The in-camera-flash-compensation is on top to the one of the flash. But I'm not sure how it works with the flash only as I use it only with 3rd-party triggers. It may also differ with the shooting mode (M, A, S, ...) and the flash mode (TTL, manual). Just test each variant.