Site Sponsors

Thread: Prayers answered: Zeiss makro for Sony!

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers answered: Zeiss makro for Sony!

Well not exactly but quite close:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...tbleizeiss.asp

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Prayers answered: Zeiss makro for Sony!

Yeah, these have been available in prototype form for a while. Did you see the price? $12,000 for all three lenses, and that's after a 10% discount for buying the set! Ouch.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the price for the 120 makro is 3249 euros. Not exactly cheap, but taking into consideration the amazing T/S abilities and the handicraft involved, I think it will be worth the money. I'm not buying it anytime soon because it is not a true makro (only 0.25X) and I still didn't loose hope the long awaited ZA Makro will be coming sometime in the not too far future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edwardkaraa View Post
    ... and I still didn't loose hope the long awaited ZA Makro will be coming sometime in the not too far future.
    Hi edwardkaraa, do you have any reference as to this rumor? Sure would be great if they came out with in in the summer. There was a rumor that Sony would come out with FF goodies at that time.

Cheers, Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bob,

This is from a rumour website that I found on DPR sometime ago. We have not had any news ever since but the rumours/leaks sounded quite logical with a Zeiss 24/1.4 and a Makro 200/? Probably the bad economy and Sony's attempts at promoting its own G line have delayed this, but I still keep my hopes.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few, what I would assume are proto-type, non-Zeiss certified, of these lenses for sale on Ebay. Not sure what the quality might demonstrate, but prices are much less than these, as listed on the Hartblei website.

-Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think a better title for this thread would have been "prayers not answered, no Zeiss Makro for Sony"

Quentin
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jdbfreeheel View Post
    There are a few, what I would assume are proto-type, non-Zeiss certified, of these lenses for sale on Ebay. Not sure what the quality might demonstrate, but prices are much less than these, as listed on the Hartblei website.

-Josh
    What you're probably seeing is the old version of the Hartbleis (similar to Arax, I believe.) Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Hartblei has had 3 recent lines of lenses. First there were the standard Hartbleis, that were rather cheap and perform "ok." Then they released the expensive prototypes with Zeiss lenses, and now they have the official Zeiss/Hartblei lenses. The first group was rather cheap, and the second two are outrageously expensive. I don't think the cheap Hartbleis would be a great idea on the A900.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it all depends. I haven't read any reports on the IQ of the new lenses, but the prototypes which have been sold meanwhile have been tested in the MF forum, and have fallen far short of the original Hartbleis so far. They appear to have some issues to sort out before final production.
    Carsten - Website