The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dedicated Monochrome Cameras

V

Vivek

Carl, Yes. STC filter and equivalent to your Astronomik OWB filter. Thank you! :)

Beautiful tones Vivek. Was that an STC clip-on filter?
Here are couple with the ZM Distagon at f/1.6. Of course, the lens can be stopped down but at this magnification, wide open or f/1.6 works for me.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sony A7rII(m), Zeiss ZM 35/1.4, 595 cut filter, The Hague

V

Vivek

Carl, The unsharpened version works better. Ever since switching to Monochrome2dng for RAW conversions, I stopped sharpening any image.

Could be Bart, but the original looks OK so might be Flickr. I'll upload again and see what happens.

Knorp

Carl, The unsharpened version works better. Ever since switching to Monochrome2dng for RAW conversions, I stopped sharpening any image.
+1 The second version to my eye looks much more natural, Carl. Good show !

Best regards.

scho

Just a "technical" image taken with the a7R(m) + Astronomic Hot Mirror sensor clip-on + Minolta M-Rokkor 40/2 + B+W 040 orange filter. I wanted to see how the green plant leaves rendered with this set-up.

scho

Some delicate, recently emerged maple leaves appear to sugar coated in this IR image. Sony a7R(m) + STC 720nm IR pass clip-on filter on sensor + 40/2 Minolta M-Rokkor lens.

scho

Just a test shot with the Zeiss Batis 25/2 on the Sony a7R(m) + STC 720nm IR pass sensor clip-on filter. No hot spot.

scho

Willow survivor at shore of Cayuga Lake. Sony a7R(m) + hot mirror sensor clip-filter + Zeiss 25/2 Batis + B+W 040 Orange filter on lens.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

ISO 6400, Indoor portrait. Run through Colorefex.

A7rII(m), Canon FT 50/1.8

iiiNelson

Nice shots everyone. Makes you wish Sony would just put out an OEM version supported by the common RAW converters.

V

Vivek

This is a subliminal message to Sony to that effect. Yes.

Thanks! :)

bensonga

I spent a couple of hours on the Matanuska Glacier last weekend. The weather was cloudy, gray and cool (at least it wasn't raining), so most of the pictures I like best were of smaller details, not of the usual expansive glacier views.

The only camera I used was the A7m (converted to monochrome by Daniel).

I made 8.5x11 inch prints of these images for the June B&W print exchange and 13x19 inch prints for my own enjoyment. The prints on Canson Baryta paper look very good (to my eyes).

Gary

A7m, FE 24-105/4G lens, processed with SilverEfex Pro

scho

Japanese Fern in monochrome. Sony a7R(m) with FE 24-105 G @ 68mm f/11 1/10 sec ISO 125, handheld with OSS on.