The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dedicated Monochrome Cameras

bensonga

Lockheed Constellation "Columbine"

I made a 13x19 inch print of this image tonight. Epson P800, Harman Gloss Baryta paper.

Gary

Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, Arizona, March 2018
Sony A7(m), FE 16-35/4G at 16mm, ISO 100, 1/800th at f8, Monochrome2DNG conversion

scho

A nest full of baby spiders. Handheld snap with the CV MACRO-APO Lanthar 65/2 on the a7R(m) with STC UV/IR cut filter over sensor.

V

Vivek

A new addition to the monochrome family- RX1(m), done by Daniel at monochromeimaging.

An infrared shot (Hoya R72 on the lens).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sony RX1(m), Hoya 720nm filter, The Hague

V

Vivek

Although this monochrome mod was only for visible;e light and IR captures, it is possible to obtain Ultraviolet images.

Here is a Dandelion in visible light (bright yellow in color):

Sony RX1(m), UV-IR cut filter

Ultraviolet capture (in light breeze!!):

Sony RX1(m), Baader U2" filter

An UV street snap.

Sony RX1(m), Baader U2" filter

scho

Houseplant

Textures

a7R(m) on Cambo Actus with 60mm f/4 Actar and B+W 486 UV/IR cut filter

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Carl, Nice!

If the Actar 60mm is a rebadged APO Componon HM, you can use it for UV captures. :)

V

Vivek

Curious pigeon.

Sony RX1(m), UV-IR cut filter, Rotterdam

I am too spoiled to use a Bayer camera. I would have never foreseen that I would prefer a RX1 (monochrome) over the much more sophisticated RX1R II.

scho

A late evening shot with the a7R(m) and CV 65 Macro APO Lanthar, STC 595 UV/IR cut filter on sensor. Click image for full size original.

V

Vivek

I had never been into decorating the cameras I use. The monochrome cameras look to be an exception. :)

Aside from the essential, useful add-ons (shutter release button, the Metro handgrip), there are also engraved ones. The checkered sticker on the flash shoe cover is from Daniel at monochrome imaging.

V

Vivek

The decorating ring on the lens is also blackened based on how it behaves like a mirror in Infrared. The RX1 in infrared.

Sony A7rII(m), Canon FL 50/1.8, Hoya 720nm, Infrared

The monochrome converted RX1 is also a "full spectrum" modified camera. It shows no hotspots even when stopped all the way down. :thumbs: