The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SONY A7R III new firmware... version 1.10

archivue

Finally it works... while i was selecting USB : Mass Storage... it came back to PC Connection by itself...

scho

Update went OK, but the new pixel shift function is still useless for landscape if there is even a slight breeze. This was shot using the new 0.5 second interval between shots and the slight leaf movement in the tree resulted in horrible artifacts and magenta/green shifts. Sony A7rIII with Zeiss 25/2 Batis on tripod. Similar results using both the Sony conversion app and SonyPixelShift2DNG app.

scho

RawTheraPee 5.4 to the rescue! Here is the same image where the ARQ file was run through RT using the Pixel Shift demosaicing option with auto motion correction enabled. Now why couldn't Sony have enabled a similar feature in their processor? Oh well just another detour through RT and back to LR with the corrected file.

Last edited:
still waiting for a firmware with 1x1 and 4X3 options...
Me too! The Fuji GFX is awesome for this but would love to see it in a mirrorless with faster autofocus. I think we will see a 5:4 option in a Nikon mirrorless, as this already exists in some of their DSLR options...