Site Sponsors

Thread: Capture One for Alpha

Post Thanks / Like

Capture One for Alpha

I am more and more enchanted by Capture One. I've been comparing LR2, CS4, Aperture, DxO and Capture One and I prefer C1. However, unlike DxO it does not have specific lens corrections. DxO has just announced further lenses they will be adding:

http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/dxo_op...ap_dop_modules

It looks like all CZ and many other Alpha lenses will soon be included in DxO

C1 too has specific lens corrections, however only for Carl Zeiss Contax, Carl Zeiss Hasselblad and Hasselblad lenses (see the preset triangle under lens). I contacted them asking if they would be willing to also include lenses for the A900, especially the CZ lenses since they already had so many other CZ lenses. They replied (see below) that they might be willing to do that but that they require special information from the lens-makers. I wonder if there is anything we can do to push this along? Sure would be great, automatic distortion and CA correction taylored to the specific lens.

Cheers, Bob.

"At this time we do not have preset support for those lenses. In order to offer preset support for theses lenses we need specific information from the manufacturer, which we do not posess at this time. I can not say when we will be able to offer support for these lenses but I will make a request on your behalf. Also the ability to make your own presets exists within the software, any adjustments that are available to you can be adjusted accordingly and then saved through the tool to meet your needs.
    Kind Regards,
    Phase One Support"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Capture One for Alpha

I also use C1 and it processes the A900 files a real treat. lens correction would be fantastic what can we do to push things along a bit?
    Cheers, Dave
    www.simmondsphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhsimmonds View Post
    I also use C1 and it processes the A900 files a real treat. lens correction would be fantastic what can we do to push things along a bit?
    I do not really know Dave. Some things which come to mind but I have no idea as to the effectiveness:

1. We all start contacting Phase One with the request.
    2. We contact (who? how?) Sony with the request to provide Phase One with the relevant data of the lenses.
    3. We contact Zeiss with the same request. I've been in contact with Bertram Hoenlinger at Zeiss. I do not know this person but have corresponded with him several times and he always responds in a very friendly way.
    e-mail: [email protected]iss.de
    http: www.zeiss.de/photo

Just some thougths. Cheers, Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sounds good to me. IMO we should also ask for tethered support for the A900, since C1 has opened that up to Canon and Nikon.