The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rx100 vi

V

Vivek

Actually the 11th version if you consider the RX10 and the RX0 series! :bugeyes:

Biggest cash cow for Sony.

iiiNelson

I am very interested.
24-200 Zeiss

Plus grip.

Check it out at B&H.
Im not sure how I feel about the $1200 price. Seems like you can get an A6xxx and the 18-135 (27-202mm equivalent) in the same neighborhood price wise.

other than that it looks like an excellent pocket camera option.

Jeffg53

I could carry my EM 1 too. However, the Sony is smaller, lighter...... I know nothing about compact cameras, and was hoping to get some reasonable views here rather than a fanboy site.

V

Vivek

€1299 (no grip) is too steep for this camera, for me. Though packed with features (especially video related), it is too tiny to hold and is prone to death from falls. Form factor may not suit everybody.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Form factor and battery life are the killers at least for me. But I have no doubt that this camera will sell like hot cookies even if I refrain from taking one :cool:

ggibson

I enjoy my RX100ii; it's a nice small in-between my smartphone and A7rII. The RAW photos are really impressive. But smartphones have been getting better and better now, and especially with portrait modes adding bokeh (my Pixel 2 XL does it very convincingly most of the time) small compacts like this need to stand out. So I understand Sony differentiating here with a long zoom range, which they hadn't done in the RX100 body yet. Panasonic has their ZS100/200 versions so it's not really that new, although image quality from what I have seen suffers compared to the more standard 24-70ish equivalent range model (LX10). Hopefully this Sony can do better with their lens here.

DougDolde

It's very expensive for a camera with a measly 1" sensor. I'd pick a Ricoh GR at half the price. APS C to boot.

rayyan

Expensive is a relative term.

What one chooses to buy or ‘ pick ‘ is a personal decision.
24-200 mm in my pocket. The technology behind the camera would be an added advantage for me.

It's very expensive for a camera with a measly 1" sensor. I'd pick a Ricoh GR at half the price. APS C to boot.