The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Smaller, lighter and cheaper- Samyang 24/2.8

V

Vivek

Pieter, No experience with the Samyang 35/2.8. But, with CDAF, it is as fast (or even faster, can not tell) than the Zony 35/2.8. No worries there.

As I already mentioned, it is sharp to the corners. Once the lens profile is available, the distortion also would not be an issue

jotloob

Subscriber Member
ADOBE LR and ON1 PHOTO RAW 2018 do not have a distortion correction module for the SAMYANG 2,8/24mm lens yet . I am sure it is only a question of time till LR will be updated . There are already many entries for SAMYANG lenses available .

scho

I just received a copy of this lens under the Rokinon label. Tried it with a few hand held snaps (in between waves of tropical showers that have been streaming though here for 3 days) out on my deck mounted to the Sony a7R(m) with internal UV/IR cut filter. Looks good so far and a very nice small, light weight 24mm lens for walkabout use.

scho

A few shots taken in the park with the Rokinon 24/2.8 on the Sony a7R(m) + UV/IR cut filter.

scho

and if you have a full spectrum sensor, the 24/2.8 also works well in IR. This shot with a Sony aR7(m) and Hoya R72 (720 nm) filter on lens with sensor UV/IR cut filter removed.