The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bigger, heavier and pricier - Voigtländer 110/2.5

V

Vivek

Re: Bigger, heavier, pricier - Voigtländer 110/2.5

Looking forward to it! :)

FWIW, it is not heavier, bigger and pricier (current used prices) than the famed C-V 125mm APO Lanthar. The FE 110 is also better made (no failing plastic components as in the 125mm lens).

ggibson

Heheh, nice thread title.

Looks like a sweet macro lens. I really like that wine glass sample image. Lovely bokeh.

Hope Voigtlander sells enough of these to consider a remake of the 180/4. I'd love to get a native mount version.

gurtch

I pre ordered it yesterday (June 23, 2018). I recently sold all my Nikon gear, and use a A7RII now. I have lenses from 12mm (Voigtlander)...I love this lens... up to The Sony G 100-400 (540mm with the 1.4X). I lacked a close up lens and recently purchased the inexpensive Sony 50mm Macro. You get what you pay for....the lens will be sold after I get the 110 Macro.
I enjoy this site very much....all polite gentlemen and ladies here, who have encouraged me when I post my work here.
Best regards to all
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ
www.modernpictorials.com

Knorp

I pre ordered it yesterday (June 23, 2018). I recently sold all my Nikon gear, and use a A7RII now. I have lenses from 12mm (Voigtlander)...I love this lens... up to The Sony G 100-400 (540mm with the 1.4X). I lacked a close up lens and recently purchased the inexpensive Sony 50mm Macro. You get what you pay for....the lens will be sold after I get the 110 Macro.
I enjoy this site very much....all polite gentlemen and ladies here, who have encouraged me when I post my work here.
Best regards to all
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
Good for you, David :thumbup:
Unfortunately no pre-ordering here in the Netherlands yet. I've noticed in the UK shops like Wex and Ffordes already offer pre-order.
Anyway, all in due time. But after the marvellous 65/2.0 (and 40/1.2) I'm really looking forward to this 110/2.5, hardly can't wait till August ... :facesmack:

BTW there's still nothing at all in regard to the new 110/2.5 at the Voigtländer website, but there is notice at Cosina's: E-110mm

Kind regards.

pegelli

35 cm focal distance at 1:1, so that means a focal length of about 87,5 mm @ 1:1.
The same as my old Minolta 100/2.8 macro at 1:1, allthough that's not a bad lens it's probably where the similarities end :grin:

Knorp

Bummer - I found this notification on Cosina's Japanese website today (110owabi.pdf)

Fact Lenders
MACRO APO-LANTHAR 110 mm F 2.5 E-mount Notice of postponement of release date
* Thank you very much for your patronage from usual day.
July 2018 Koshina Co., Ltd.
** As for "MACRO APO - LANTHAR 110 mm f / 2.5 E - mount" now,
We have announced our planned launch in August 2018 and we have given you guidance, but due to the production circumstances of our company, we are sorry really, but we decided to postpone the release date.
For customers concerned, waiting for this product, everyone concerned, it is a great inconvenience
We apologize from the bottom of your heart that you will be charged.
Regarding the release date after the change, I will guide you as soon as it is decided.
Humbly, thank you for your understanding.
that's all

So far for the hottest month ... :banghead:

:sleep:

Knorp

Finally, there's word from Cosina ... :clap:

2018.11.16 フォクトレンダー
MACRO APO-LANTHAR 110mm F2.5 E-mount 12月7日発売

2018.11.16 Fact Lender
MACRO APO - LANTHAR 110 mm F 2.5 E - mount Released December 7

希望小売価格(税別): ¥148,000 JAN 4530076 233072
2018年12月7日発売

Suggested retail price (excluding tax): ¥ 148,000 JAN 4530076 233072
Release on 7th December 2018​

:watch:

Knorp

Finally, the Voigtländer's website has been updated with 110/2.5 info & specs.
I guess shipping is eminent ... :thumbs:

iiiNelson

Finally, the Voigtländer's website has been updated with 110/2.5 info & specs.
I guess shipping is eminent ... :thumbs:
Camera Quest already has them stateside for a couple of weeks now. I saw that Steve Huff received his yesterday.

Knorp

Well well, guess what ? After a very long wait a 'bigger, heavier and pricier' happens to sit on my desk ...

pegelli

:worthless:

Do you have a converter to your Fuji MF body? Or is it back to a "normal" FF body?

pegelli

That's what I thought, but still interested in your findings (if you can still operate a "lowly" FF after having touched the magic world of MF).

I got the 65/2 version some weeks ago and must say I'm impressed, so hope it's the same for this bigger brother (allthough I already have a 100, 105 and 180 mm macro which are all very good, especially the 100 and 180)

Knorp

That's what I thought, but still interested in your findings (if you can still operate a "lowly" FF after having touched the magic world of MF).

I got the 65/2 version some weeks ago and must say I'm impressed, so hope it's the same for this bigger brother (allthough I already have a 100, 105 and 180 mm macro which are all very good, especially the 100 and 180)
Early days for the 110/2.5 of course, but the 65/2.0 certainly is spectacular !