The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

APS-C Global Shutter?

ggibson

Hmm, but this sensor is 4:3 aspect. I'm not sure what product it would go into, but an e-mount camera seems unlikely to me (maybe video I could see?).

On the topic of Sony's product strategy, I think I'd rather see them build a rangefinder style full frame camera that is smaller like the A6xxx series. I think that they view FE as the upmarket choice from APS-C. I would doubt that we'd see features in a APS-C camera that would outdo their own A7III or A9.

iiiNelson

Hmm, but this sensor is 4:3 aspect. I'm not sure what product it would go into, but an e-mount camera seems unlikely to me (maybe video I could see?).

On the topic of Sony's product strategy, I think I'd rather see them build a rangefinder style full frame camera that is smaller like the A6xxx series. I think that they view FE as the upmarket choice from APS-C. I would doubt that we'd see features in a APS-C camera that would outdo their own A7III or A9.
Yeah after reading more about it this seems more to be inline with a FS7III (or maybe a FS9) type camera.

Regarding the A7 style body I think there’s room for it in a flagship body and it would be more in line with the Fuji XT2/XH1 type body. I’m not suggesting they completely get rid of the Rangefinder bodies but there’s room for a SLR style one too I believe.