The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LAOWA 12mm lens on Sony A7Riii

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I recently added this lens to my Sony arsenal and am very pleased with it. My only complaint is that focussing it with the marks on the lens is pretty inaccurate. In fact infinity is sharpest when turned to about 3 metres or 10 feet. (But F8 is very very sharp!)

Focussing using peaking is very difficult for far subjects but just fine at closer distances.

Have others found this too?

I recently added this lens to my Sony arsenal and am very pleased with it. My only complaint is that focussing it with the marks on the lens is pretty inaccurate. In fact infinity is sharpest when turned to about 3 metres or 10 feet. (But F8 is very very sharp!)

Focussing using peaking is very difficult for far subjects but just fine at closer distances.

Have others found this too?
I have this lens for Pentax, Some Pentax Forum users also have problem with infinity.
What I found is @ infinity @2.8 I have sharp center but quite weak corners so I use similar 3m set. But I thinks it is because of field curvature, so it is a feature :).

archivue

better than my friend 17 TS-E ( not the best copy... )... and using a simple adapter, you can use it as a 12mm... i'm buying it...

I still prefer the 24 TS-E II... but when you need to go wide...

please Laowa... make a simple and small 35/4 PC... no competition !