Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Future Sony FE Bodies

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Future Sony FE Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Why?

One can always wait couple of more years for them get everything right..

An alternative would be A7rII (new or used). Lot cheaper and better.
    I don't know why because the cameras are not released and therefore no serious tests/reviews available.
    Just to point on some (unproofed) things: Because of 10-bit 4k filming? Internal focus stack? No star-eater algorithm? Nikon menu? People are different and also their reasons to choose a camera. IMO the z6/z7 are good enough to be named as an alternative to the Sony Alphas. If I should recommend only one FF-MILC it would be the one you pointed at.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nikon menu? Let the menu diving begins!
    With so many capabilities, this is inevitable for any camera system (with exception of Leica but of course they are not worried about technical advances).

There has been no definitive word on the absence of a star eater on these. Let us hope that there isnít one present.

That stacking is restricted to few new lenses. Nice option to have though.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    Well let's go back 5 years. Sony released two FF-mirrorless cameras and both were full of flaws and could not catch up with their DSLR counterparts. They had awful battery life, bad AF, one card slot and it took seconds just to turn the camera on.

We can blame Nikon being late. But it's never too late and those two cameras are a good start. Give them a chance and even though they are not the best choice for an FF-MILC at the moment I would recommend them to others as an alternative.
    Well the reality is that I previously said they are/will turn out to be probably good cameras but the reality is this isnít 5 years ago. I feel like Nikon intentionally held back on producing the best Mirrorless they could and made the camera an accessory to their DSLRís and thatís fine for existing Nikon owners but itís not enticing new users. It may very well backfire but it may work out well for them too. I donít know but I am not really impressed that they didnít attempt to advance the market further personally.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    Well the reality is that I previously said they are/will turn out to be probably good cameras but the reality is this isn’t 5 years ago. I feel like Nikon intentionally held back on producing the best Mirrorless they could and made the camera an accessory to their DSLR’s and that’s fine for existing Nikon owners but it’s not enticing new users. It may very well backfire but it may work out well for them too. I don’t know but I am not really impressed that they didn’t attempt to advance the market further personally.
    It's a technology poker. Sony currently holds most of the pot and the pool is quite high. Even if Nikon has good cards it may be good to start with a lower raise:

- With those cameras they give something to the Nikon-DSLR community: Someone who has a Nikon glass but no mirrorless may rather buy now a z-camera than a sony.
    - They can test their product in the market and get feedback: testing is one of the most expensive parts in development.
    - They can look into the cards of Canon and Sony before addressing to the pros: At least Sony will answer with a better body. Canon will be now the last in the game which is always a bad idea.
    - The accessories need to be developed as well: Nikon can release develop and release Z-lenses in a longer term.

Tactically they made the best move in my opinion. But I'm with you. I would have prefered an all-in strategy. Nikon, give us what you have.

Cheers, Seb (who never plays poker at all)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, it is Canon offering that will set things in motion.

Hopefully, they will price their’s aggressively to put pressure on Sony and Nikon.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a technology poker. Sony currently holds most of the pot and the pool is quite high. Even if Nikon has good cards it may be good to start with a lower raise:

- With those cameras they give something to the Nikon-DSLR community: Someone who has a Nikon glass but no mirrorless may rather buy now a z-camera than a sony.
    - They can test their product in the market and get feedback: testing is one of the most expensive parts in development.
    - They can look into the cards of Canon and Sony before addressing to the pros: At least Sony will answer with a better body. Canon will be now the last in the game which is always a bad idea.
    - The accessories need to be developed as well: Nikon can release develop and release Z-lenses in a longer term.

Tactically they made the best move in my opinion. But I'm with you. I would have prefered an all-in strategy. Nikon, give us what you have.

Cheers, Seb (who never plays poker at all)
    i really think Canon will very likely go all in on a ďproĒ camera and keep the EF Mount. Wonít be a need to choose between DSLR or Mirrorless but you can have both. I can see Canon actually moving Mirrorless upmarket and possibly evencompletely getting rid of their lower end Cinema EOS Cameras for Mirrorless Cameras that wonít bw hampered in the video department to protect the Cunmea cameras... what they wonít have is the high end connections a studio needs but what they will have is likely 4k60, FF sensor, high end EVF, Dual pixel AF, and 5Dmk4 specs for stills more than likely.

Iím with Vivek in that itís the one that should worry Sony of the Classic DSLR makers... and Iíve thought that for awhile because itís easier for Canon users that are 100% adapting lenses to a Dony body to just sell their Sony body and adapters to go back to a native Canon Mirrorless body. I could be wrong though but thatís what Iíd do if I was Canon. Make a 5d without the mirror and a top end EVF then call it good.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

all of my sony cameras a7*, a9 have a grip attached to it and i don't think i have ever taken anyone off

I find that I generally shoot with the grip attached almost all the time which is what originally got me thinking about if there is a market or room for a larger or more ďproĒ style body for those of us that use the larger lenses. Again it doesnít have to be as large as a pro body DSLR but I feel the slightly larger body of the Fuji XH1 is about the perfect compromise of not too big but not too small ergonomically.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

+1
    With best regards, K-H.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msadat View Post
    all of my sony cameras a7*, a9 have a grip attached to it and i don't think i have ever taken anyone off
    Iíve been shooting with mine without the grip the last couple of weeks to see how I like it without the grip again and I will say itís not bad with some of the smaller lenses. I still generally prefer it with the grip ďpermanentlyĒ attached though.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Since my grip-extender I forgot where I left my (battery) grip ...
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

So in light of having the Nikon Z6/7 being announced officially, what are the things you hope to see on the next Sony bodies? I figured Iíd return to putting my thoughts regarding Sony here to keep the peace.

I for one would like to see these things personally:

A7SIII/A9S:

18-24mp LSI/BSI/Stacked sensor (with same or improved high ISO capability - 400ISO Base)
    OSPDAF with same A9 autofocus system
    6k/24 | 4k60 or 4K120 (UHD/DCI) | 2k240p and/or 1080p240
    10-bit (internal) | 12-bit (external) color space
    ProRES RAW
    Venice Color Science
    Data bit rates up to 500mbps
    Improved heat management
    Larger body (A9S)
    3.69md EVF (A7SIII)/ 5.6md EVF (A9S)
    Improved weather sealing (since they advertise it as a feature)
    Dual SD cards (A7SIII)/ Dual XQD cards (A9S)
    Price: $3k (A7SIII)/ $5k A9S

A9R:

56-72mp LSI/BSI/Stacked Sensor (with same or improved high ISO capability - 50ISO Base)
    Improved OSPDAF
    4k60 DCI/2k240
    10-bit Internal/External Color Space
    Data bitrates up to 200mbps
    5.6md EVF
    Larger and more weather sealed body
    Dual XQD Cards
    User definable crop modes (or just include 1:1, 3:2, 16:9, 4:5, 6:7, 2:1, and 8:3)
    Price: $5.5k

Lenses Iíd like to see at some point:

200/4 G (canít justify the cost of the $10k+ lenses)
    400/4 G (canít justify the cost of the $10k+ lenses)
    200-600/5.6 G (something to directly compete with the Nikon 200-500/5.6)
    100/2 GM (just take the Contax Yashica formula and modernize it)
    135/1.8 GM (need an update to the legendary A-Mount lens)
    Updated 24-70/4 (though I guess the 24-105 actually solves this)
    21/2 G (Walk around ultrawide)
    24/2 G (Walk around wide)
    35/2 G (Walk around prime)
    50/2 G (cheaper alternative to the Sony Zeiss lenses)
    135/2.5 G (cheaper mid-telephoto option)
    20/4 Tilt-Shift
    Updated A-Mount adapters that allow all of the newer features.

For me:

A9 MkII:

Dual SD UHS-II slots - I actually prefer these, they keep the camera size small overall. Writing speed is not that much different and what many do not realize is that it is the buffer in the camera that makes all the difference. My 1DXMkII had faster cards but I could not shoot even half as many frames as I can with the A9. So with a large enough buffer, you could potentially have the capacity to shoot several hundred frames at 20fps, which is more than what anybody should need.

Larger Buffer - see above.
    Better weather sealing
    14-bit compressed RAW
    Improved AF, not that it is bad right now :-)

Don't care about much else, especially video

A7r4:

Increased pixel count - anything over 60 Mpx
    Improved AF, if they can make like current A9, would be a HUGE accomplishment
    Maintain current fps of 10 or higher with above
    Better weather sealing
    Remove 'star eater' problem although it is not really a big issue to my eyes
    Improved High ISO performance = lower noise, agree with base ISO of 50
    Dual SD UHS-II card slots - as above.

Lenses:

200-500 f4 with 1.4x built in
    600 f4 DO/PF equivalent
    I would even be happy with a 600 5.6 if it was really light.

Don't care about wides, I am perfectly satisfied with the current line-up.

I believe companies like Samyang will have a big role to play in the future although their offerings may be limited to the wide-angles. Very hard to make a really exceptional super-tele.
    Too much to list, let's just say I have a bad case of GAS.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Interesting lists. Both show nicely how good these cameras are already.

The last days I was thinking about my expectations on future camera releases and realized that I'm very happy with my a7RII. It has flaws when it comes to burst and AF. But if I need that an a9 should solve it. And when it comes to video I'll expect the a7sIII will bring all I need.

Of course, it would be nice to have a camera with high res/DR (7Rxxx), perfect AF/FPS (a9xxx) and great video (a7Sxxx) in one. But with 650g each body it will not be a big thing to bring them along. It's also the reason why I'm not thinking about replacing the a7RII with an a7RIII but rather buying an a9 or a7sIII (when it comes to release) on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep View Post
    For me:

A9 MkII:

Dual SD UHS-II slots - I actually prefer these, they keep the camera size small overall. Writing speed is not that much different and what many do not realize is that it is the buffer in the camera that makes all the difference. My 1DXMkII had faster cards but I could not shoot even half as many frames as I can with the A9. So with a large enough buffer, you could potentially have the capacity to shoot several hundred frames at 20fps, which is more than what anybody should need.

Larger Buffer - see above.
    Better weather sealing
    14-bit compressed RAW
    Improved AF, not that it is bad right now :-)

Don't care about much else, especially video

A7r4:

Increased pixel count - anything over 60 Mpx
    Improved AF, if they can make like current A9, would be a HUGE accomplishment
    Maintain current fps of 10 or higher with above
    Better weather sealing
    Remove 'star eater' problem although it is not really a big issue to my eyes
    Improved High ISO performance = lower noise, agree with base ISO of 50
    Dual SD UHS-II card slots - as above.

Lenses:

200-500 f4 with 1.4x built in
    600 f4 DO/PF equivalent
    I would even be happy with a 600 5.6 if it was really light.

Don't care about wides, I am perfectly satisfied with the current line-up.

I believe companies like Samyang will have a big role to play in the future although their offerings may be limited to the wide-angles. Very hard to make a really exceptional super-tele.
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The last days I was thinking about my expectations on future camera releases and realized that I'm very happy with my a7RII. It has flaws when it comes to burst and AF. But if I need that an a9 should solve it. And when it comes to video I'll expect the a7sIII will bring all I need.

Of course, it would be nice to have a camera with high res/DR (7Rxxx), perfect AF/FPS (a9xxx) and great video (a7Sxxx) in one. But with 650g each body it will not be a big thing to bring them along. It's also the reason why I'm not thinking about replacing the a7RII with an a7RIII but rather buying an a9 or a7sIII (when it comes to release) on top.
    Well seb, thatís what I have been doing.
    Keep my A7r and A7r.2 and add the A9 for action and birding and wild life.

I also have an NEX-5N (my first Sony), NEX-7 (<= had to wait for), and a6300.
    I should have been more patient and waited for the a6500 with IBIS.
    In hindsight I am still using the NEX-5N more than the NEX-7.
    Although I bought the NEX-5N only because I had to wait for the NEX-7.

The only reason I got into Sonys was to finally be able to use my Leica R lenses.
    So the first FF camera I ever properly used an R lens on was the Sony A7r.
    Although I did focus an R lens with a NEX-5N, then shoot it with my Leica M.
    That worked just fine for landscape shots. All well worth it.

I also had Nikon FX cameras that I could have used for my R lenses.
    However I didnít want to modify the lenses and Leitax them. Good decision.

The Sony A9 has become my all time favorite camera.
    Any new future camera for me will have to be based on its amazing technology.

I now have several excellent native FE lenses.
    But whatís so nice about especially the A7r.2 and A9 is that I can adapt many more lenses to them, including with autofocus.
    With best regards, K-H.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree and I havenít upgraded from the A7RII yet for a few reasons but chief among them was the new battery, potential switch to another system in the past, and awaiting what Sony comes up with in the future. I, like you, am patiently awaiting the A7SIII and/or whatever comes next in the A9 line. The A7S with OSPDAF would likely already be the ďperfectĒ event camera with its lowlight ability. Adding a higher resolution to it AND keeping the lowlight ability would take it over the top for me.

Most of all what ive been enjoying again as of late are the native Sony lenses. They really have some gems in there and I donít believe that a lot of people that only adapt are getting the full experience of the cameras if they havenít owned at least one or two of the higher end lenses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The FE lenses needed better AF bodies to realise their potential. With gen III and up it would only get better. If they would completely forego lossy files and cooked RAWs (star eater), the cameras would do justice to their sensors as well.

They do not seem to have any shame being the largest imaging sensor company and all ...

Anyway, real competition is on its way: https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The FE lenses needed better AF bodies to realise their potential. With gen III and up it would only get better. If they would completely forego lossy files and cooked RAWs (star eater), the cameras would do justice to their sensors as well.

They do not seem to have any shame being the largest imaging sensor company and all ...

Anyway, real competition is on its way: https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com
    Yeah I would like to see them address these issues for one reason alone - marketing. I canít say theyíve ever actually affected any of my pictures but itís a talking point the competition can use. I have SOME faith that they will address it like they have the battery life, Dual card slot, and lens lineup ďissuesĒ that are apparently (and predictably) not an issue at all when the top plate doesnít say Sony on it.

In all seriousness though glowing reactions to some other cameras and the safety net others play with reminds me of why I dropped CaNikon cameras and went Mirrorless 10 years ago. Itís what I expect from those brands but I was hoping for better. Early rumors of the new Canon Mirrorless look promising with the camera slated to launch with a 24-105, 28-70/2, 50/1.2, and 35/1.8 that are all supposed to be L series glass. As predicted maybe THIS system will give Sony a kick in the pants.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool lenses!
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And Panasonic will come with FF too: https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-panason...-september-25/
    a lot to read/discuss in September.
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

And Panasonic will come with FF too: https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-panason...-september-25/
    a lot to read/discuss in September.
    If true that would be interesting. Also would be interesting if they chose to use the EF mount like the EVA1 Cameras, choose the Leica TL Mount, or something completely new.
    Last edited by iiiNelson; 31st August 2018 at 08:54.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

On a side note... I feel like a wide range of people have never even tested a Mirrorless camera within the last 5-10 years. Iím seeing people amazed by being able to use adapters, being able to shoot in cropped mode, being able to customize to their heartís content, being able to have competent video AF, being amazed by face detect, being amazed by AF thatís not just in the center of the frame, etc.

Like Iím happy for the enthusiasm and recognition that there are benefits to Mirrorless but these are all things that have long been available on cameras on the market (doesnít even need to be a Sony) for YEARS...
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Well looks like something is possibly happening soon..

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-...tember-25-too/

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Though the topic is labeled for FE bodies I wonder if Sony will simply call the future crop sensor flagship an A6 to compete directly against the Fuji and high end Micro 4/3 bodies. It would be interesting and hey should also release 4-10 high quality APS-C lenses for it as well.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Instead of looking at what new stuff, I am looking forward to seeing how steep a price decline on existing stuff.

Bring them on!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of looking at what new stuff, I am looking forward to seeing how steep a price decline on existing stuff.

Bring them on!
    Perhaps. That might drive their sales up for those that have sat on the fence between DSLR and Mirrorless who have come to a head/believe that CaNikon isnít going to give them the camera they want any time soon (if ever) even after 5 years time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Though the topic is labeled for FE bodies I wonder if Sony will simply call the future crop sensor flagship an A6 to compete directly against the Fuji and high end Micro 4/3 bodies. It would be interesting and hey should also release 4-10 high quality APS-C lenses for it as well.
    Totally agree - it's about time they came up with a decent APS-C zoom lens

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I peaked over at the Xt3 announcement at a rumor site. OMG! The enthusiasm or hype they generate is totally astounding!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I peaked over at the Xt3 announcement at a rumor site. OMG! The enthusiasm or hype they generate is totally astounding!
    LOL. Agreed.

Fuji users can be a bit like Leica ones in a sense that they are largely committed to a brand ethos (not that itís a problem). In fairness though the XT3 does in fact seem to actually be a huge step up for Fuji but I would like to see them improve the stability of their firmware/cameras. The day I was prepared to buy the XH1... it locked up on store on me. Brand new camera out the box and a quick google search returned this to be a common enough issue at the time that caused me to get cold feet.

My cousin shoots a pair of XT2ís for professional and personal use. Never had any issues with them in regular use for his job or pleasure. I do like the Fuji cameras for a lot of reasons but I do I find the built in grip on the XT2 to be too small for long term comfort without the vertical grip. The XT3 looks slightly larger and shaped a little differently. He is shooting parts of a documentary with the A7III (along with other digital cinema cameras) currently but he rents them as needed. Heís pretty brand agnostic but is a big Canon guy at heart - which is one of the reasons I originally went Canon to share his large selection of lenses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, there are lots of folks who really get it on with Fuji gear.
    Sony should release an APS-C version of the A9.
    That would be the ticket for me.
    With best regards, K-H.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fuji users can be a bit like Leica ones in a sense that they are largely committed to a brand ethos.
    And the winner of the Voidshatter Irony Award for 2018 is....
    mattgraysonphoto.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MGrayson View Post
    And the winner of the Voidshatter Irony Award for 2018 is....
    Wasn't meant as an insult - if thatís the way you took it. It was meant as a general reference to people that tend to want a specific design ethos thatís evident in the products they create.

I was also a Leica owner myself so there are specific things I liked about Leica.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LOL. Agreed.

Fuji users can be a bit like Leica ones in a sense that they are largely committed to a brand ethos (not that itís a problem). In fairness though the XT3 does in fact seem to actually be a huge step up for Fuji but I would like to see them improve the stability of their firmware/cameras. The day I was prepared to buy the XH1... it locked up on store on me. Brand new camera out the box and a quick google search returned this to be a common enough issue at the time that caused me to get cold feet.

My cousin shoots a pair of XT2ís for professional and personal use. Never had any issues with them in regular use for his job or pleasure. I do like the Fuji cameras for a lot of reasons but I do I find the built in grip on the XT2 to be too small for long term comfort without the vertical grip. The XT3 looks slightly larger and shaped a little differently. He is shooting parts of a documentary with the A7III (along with other digital cinema cameras) currently but he rents them as needed. Heís pretty brand agnostic but is a big Canon guy at heart - which is one of the reasons I originally went Canon to share his large selection of lenses.
    LOL @ 'brand ethos' ...

Your anti Leica anti anything that isn't Sony narrative is a case study in 'sand in underpants syndrome' (not that this is a problem)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    LOL @ 'brand ethos' ...

Your anti Leica anti anything that isn't Sony narrative is a case study in 'sand in underpants syndrome' (not that this is a problem)
    Well I'm not actually anti-Leica. I actually like the M10/Monochrom Cameras a lot. I donít love the rest of their line up but to each their own... and yes Iím so ďanti-everything that isnít SonyĒ that I own and shoot with a Panasonic, Mamiya, and Minolta as well...

But yeah... keep on believing what you want to believe. I just go with the best solutions that work for me that are currently on the market. If something ďbetterĒ comes along that makes sense (meaning makes my picture taking easier to do) for me to switch to - then I do. Simple as that. If not I stay put and if you think Iím sooo dedicated to Sony exclusively then just read about thinking about switching from Sony Gear to Fuji about 6 months ago or so and even going to far as to list much of my gear then backing away from that decision after getting cold feet about a particular camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well I'm not actually anti-Leica. I actually like the M10/Monochrom Cameras a lot. I donít love the rest of their line up but to each their own... and yes Iím so ďanti-everything that isnít SonyĒ that I own and shoot with a Panasonic, Mamiya, and Minolta as well...

But yeah... keep on believing what you want to believe. I just go with the best solutions that work for me that are currently on the market. If something ďbetterĒ comes along that makes sense (meaning makes my picture taking easier to do) for me to switch to - then I do. Simple as that. If not I stay put and if you think Iím sooo dedicated to Sony exclusively then just read about thinking about switching from Sony Gear to Fuji about 6 months ago or so and even going to far as to list much of my gear then backing away from that decision after getting cold feet about a particular camera.
    Of course you should use what you prefer to use for yoru purposes - and perhaps you might feel less inclined to stereotype different choices made y different people.

When you lead a statement with a phrase like 'brand ethos' and label all people who choose to use a Leica camera or a Fuji camera as being a certain 'type' of photographer - well what more can I say ? the only reason I point this out is not to have a go at you as a person - but to point out the silliness of any generalisations about people based on thier purchase and use decisions - also reading stuff like this ( and you are not alone) is a bit of a turn off to even come to the forum. Spare time is about fun and sharing - rather than arguing about the merits of someone else's decisions let alone everyone else's decision making process or rationale when it comes to Leica or Fuji or anyone else.

FYI - I shoot Leica/Sony/Fuji and Hasselblad - each has their use and purpose for me - and if forced to choose just one camera /system today it would be Sony -

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And we will get as enthusiastic as those Fuji-Forum-Hipsters then!

Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    Yup, there are lots of folks who really get it on with Fuji gear.
    Sony should release an APS-C version of the A9.
    That would be the ticket for me.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Well your words, not mine,
    With best regards, K-H.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    Of course you should use what you prefer to use for yoru purposes - and perhaps you might feel less inclined to stereotype different choices made y different people.

When you lead a statement with a phrase like 'brand ethos' and label all people who choose to use a Leica camera or a Fuji camera as being a certain 'type' of photographer - well what more can I say ? the only reason I point this out is not to have a go at you as a person - but to point out the silliness of any generalisations about people based on thier purchase and use decisions - also reading stuff like this ( and you are not alone) is a bit of a turn off to even come to the forum. Spare time is about fun and sharing - rather than arguing about the merits of someone else's decisions let alone everyone else's decision making process or rationale when it comes to Leica or Fuji or anyone else.

FYI - I shoot Leica/Sony/Fuji and Hasselblad - each has their use and purpose for me - and if forced to choose just one camera /system today it would be Sony -
    Again... it wasnít meant as a personal negative viewpoint or a shot at Leica/Fuji people that clearly a couple people (at least) took it as.

Itís an observation over the years as to the WHY many people choose Leica or Fuji (and yes I was one of them for these same reasons). So in essence Iím including myself to an extent into that observation. Whether itís the ďsimplicityĒ of the system, the film simulations to emulate the fond memories of the film stocks of the past digitally, whether itís the retro look to the bodies (dials, aperture rings, smaller sized lenses, etc.) that make people have the tactile feeling of the film cameras of old, times firmware updates, or whatever else - that all ties into the ďbrand ethosĒ of the aforementioned companies I commented on.

Sony has a ďbrand ethosĒ to and itís very akin to Minoltaís - theyíll try to irrational and off the wall stuff at times but they attempt to be cutting edge for the day. That doesnít work for everyone and I can understand that but Iím something of a gadget nerd innansense and I like that they do this while I can also appreciate aspects of Leica (specifically the M) and Fuji (new retro cameras) all at the same time.

Now while i can appreciate wanting forums to be 100% positive when they arenít I personally take time away from them for days, weeks, or even months so that I can personally keep the perceived negativity out my own life. It happens for fans of every and any system and itís important to note that for a lot of people their perceived negativity can be dorected at a variety of things to include personal user experience which is always the most valuable, company decisions, or yes even critics of another company. As they say though ďitís just the Internet.Ē

I hope you can understand my viewpoint and if not then no need to further discuss. We can agreed to disagree and thatíll be fine too.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

And we will get as enthusiastic as those Fuji-Forum-Hipsters then!
    I’d see it more as an A9-like camera with a smaller sensor at a more attainable price for most people. I think the A7III is already 90% there but many can’t afford the best lenses. I think it’s important Sony provides price attainable APS-C “pro” lenses for a “pro” level APS-C body to compete with the Fuji X camera.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sorry folks! Not gonna happen!

Sony will never be hip. Boring old $hit.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry folks! Not gonna happen!

Sony will never be hip. Boring old $hit.
    Would you care to decrypt your comment?
    I am missing a clue what you mean Vivek. Sorry.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm looking after the a9 since the release. Also about an a6500 just for a smaller form factor and the longer reach with the cropped sensor. And on top, I want to start with some video just for fun (and of course with the best quality). All together makes me very enthusiastic about this rumour. And as some may know here in the forum, I can be very enthusiastic when it comes to gear I like.

Iíd see it more as an A9-like camera with a smaller sensor at a more attainable price for most people. I think the A7III is already 90% there but many canít afford the best lenses. I think itís important Sony provides price attainable APS-C ďproĒ lenses for a ďproĒ level APS-C body to compete with the Fuji X camera.
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have local friends who are Fuji owners. I came to know a bit about their cameras.

Sony stuff is boring as hell but does the job.

Would you care to decrypt your comment?
    I am missing a clue what you mean Vivek. Sorry.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking after the a9 since the release. Also about an a6500 just for a smaller form factor and the longer reach with the cropped sensor. And on top, I want to start with some video just for fun (and of course with the best quality). All together makes me very enthusiastic about this rumour. And as some may know here in the forum, I can be very enthusiastic when it comes to gear I like.
    Yeah I liked the premise of the A6xxx bodies but I didn’t care for the controls personally (specifically lacking the front and back aperture/shutter dials that pretty much every pro camera has). If they drop all of this either in a more ergonomic “Rangefinder” style body or just put it in the A7/9 body then I’d be elated too on some level. Pricing would also be key and it needs to stay in the $1500 range (or less) otherwise people will just buy the A7III or A7RII instead.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I have local friends who are Fuji owners. I came to know a bit about their cameras.

Sony stuff is boring as hell but does the job.
    Boring as hell? That’s not my take at all.
    For me, especially the A9, is an enjoyable tool that lets me shoot with TAP AF many different lenses I like. The Fuji gear wouldn’t give me that.

I also have a friend who switched from Canon DSLR to Fuji APS-C and is very happy about his new gear. He is an accomplished photographer and likes the quality and fairly low prices of the Fuji lenses. He shoots mainly family, competitive swimming, church events, school plays, weddings, meetings, and such as a hobby, but got some of his swimming images published in the national sports media. I would say his Fuji gear works extremely well for him.
    With best regards, K-H.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I rest my case.

For me, especially the A9, is an enjoyable tool..

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/mr-t...asp-c-cameras/

My take... maybe we will see cropped sensored G and GM lenses soon... to go alongside a soon to be announced ďA6.Ē