The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7r III focus point not visible?

haring

Hey guys!

I find the focus point of my a7r III not really visible compared to the focus point of my Canon 5d.... A lot of times I am struggling to find where the focus dot is. Is there a way to make it more visible? Anybody else experienced this?
Is there a way to improve the responsiveness and visibility of the AF (square) dots?

Thanks!

V

Vivek

Have you tried the available online help guide? It is most likely that you have not set up the camera properly. Are the PDAF points made visible (menu option)?

What K-H Suggested makes sense. With AF-C (and wide area) the points will be jumping around while the lens focuses.

SrMphoto

What the OP is probably referring to, here and in many other forums ;-), is the reported low focus point visibility when compared to Canon or Nikon. I do not know of a way to make it more visible.

iiiNelson

Hey guys!

I find the focus point of my a7r III not really visible compared to the focus point of my Canon 5d.... A lot of times I am struggling to find where the focus dot is. Is there a way to make it more visible? Anybody else experienced this?
Is there a way to improve the responsiveness and visibility of the AF (square) dots?

Thanks!
What focus area mode are you in? Are you in wide, flexible area, center, or zone?