The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7rIII long term review

iiiNelson

I just finished my image-heavy review of the A7rIII after almost a year of ownership. Also provided some tips regarding color science and post-processing in the review, as well as a selection of some of the images I've made with the camera.

Check it out: https://indergaard.net/2018/10/09/sony-a7riii-review/
I wholeheartedly agree with most of your review. I find that Sony. Plots tend to be more accurate than many other cameras even if they aren’t as aesthetically pleasing to some people. Also regarding color I find that either shooting a picture of a color checker or doing a manual white balance goes a long way to gaining accurate/pleasing color... and I have a buddy that I shoot weddings with locally that tends to agree that the Sony files are pretty amazing. He shoots a 5D4 and a 5D3 for his primary bodies (along with an A7S for video work) but commented the last 2 weeks how “sweet” the pictures straight out of camera were for the A7RII that I shot with... some of it I believe was me trying to get as much right in camera no doubt but the camera does a lot of “thinking” in fast paced wedding environments.

What I really want is for Sony to release an A9R and A9S that’s comparable in size to the new Panasonic’s that incorporate PDAF across 90%+ of the sensor. I’m happy with the lenses Sony makes overall... I just want a bigger body for using Pro lenses. I rented the 70-200 GM over the weekend for the last wedding I shot and it’s a great lens but usage really requires the grip attached to make the most of it.

Shac

Borje - just read the review - as an R73 user, I found it excellent and very useful.
Thank you for this
David