The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium length lenses without pinchushion/barrel distortion sharp to edges ?

KenLee

I'm looking for a lens I can use on my A7RII for architectural details which will require minimal post-processing to correct barrel/pincushion distortion and which is truly sharp out to the edges.

Somewhere between 100 and 300mm.

I generally shoot on a tripod and for stationary subjects manual focus is often preferable. I already have a Nikon adapter but don't mind getting one for some other brand.

My 55mm Micro Nikkor has me spoiled since it's fairly sharp with very low distortion and chromatic aberration. Are there longer lenses like this ?

Many thanks !

V

Vivek

Sony FE 90/2.8 or the upcoming Cosina 110/2.5.

No need for adapters.

KenLee

For Sony A series, are the newer lenses like the Sigma 70mm Macro or 65mm APO Voigtlander substantially sharper and better corrected than older manual focus lenses like 85mm and 105mm Nikkor Ais ? My 55mm Micro Nikkor is pretty good.

Thanks for your good advices :)

Last edited: