The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A9 Firmware 5.0

iiiNelson

is there any way to save camera setting to card after 5 is loaded?
No because the entire menu system and option are changed. They’re recommending that users write down their quick options and settings prior to the update.

On another community that I'm involved with we were discussing this update and one member had a great idea. Perhaps Sony should look to doing updates through their phone app which would simplify the process and ensure everyone is able to use the most up to date camera/lens firmware.

k-hawinkler

There's a hint in the Help Guide though: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1830/v1/en/contents/TP0001117013.html
Not sure if this is new, perhaps K-H can tell.
Thanks Bart. AFAIK it’s not a new feature.

However as Sony changed the menu structure with FW 5.0, no settings saved with FW 4.1 or earlier can be read in by FW 5.0. That’s why in my Sony thread I looked up my documented older A9 settings so that I can renter them, appropriately modified.

I am currently working through the extensive change documentation to figure out how to set up my updated A9 now that it is running under FW version 5.0. Some now obsolete Menu features have been removed and new ones added.

For example Eye-AF now works by simply half-pressing the shutter button. One doesn’t have to assign - as before - another button and hold it down in order to engage Eye-AF.

iiiNelson

I’ve been seeing a lot of A9’s on the sidelines of pro sporting events and at political events the last year or two. I’m guessing that it’s doing better than maybe even Sony expected.

k-hawinkler

I’ve been seeing a lot of A9’s on the sidelines of pro sporting events and at political events the last year or two. I’m guessing that it’s doing better than maybe even Sony expected.

Thanks Tre. Well at the moment the A9 is without competition for its main features! :thumbs: :LOL: