The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Must have accessories for SONY A6400

papajay

Must have accessories for SONY A6400

Sony A6400 Leather Half Case
Recommend the below links for your reference.

Kaza Leather Carmera Half Case
https://kaza-deluxe.com/shop/product/sony-a6400-series/

Gariz Genuine Leather Carnera Half Case
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GARIZ-Leat...y-A6400-A6300-XS-CHA6300BR-Brown/173871888332

Memory Cards
SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I Memory Cards
It’s hard to go wrong with the SanDisk Extreme Pro cards. They are rated UHS speed Class 3 (U3) and UHS video speed Class 30 (V30) which makes them perfect if you are recording 4K video with the a6400.

Memory Card Case
Beeway SD Card Holder can hold 12 SD/SDHC/SDXC cards and 12 MicroSD cards perfectly in place. The case is water resistant and very strong. It also includes a small bag and a carabiner.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beeway-Mem...627677&hash=item4b587dbcd0:g:4WUAAOSwjfdcGTMi

Screen Protectors for Sony A6400
Sony a6400 has a touch screen you need to be very careful which screen protectors you use, apply the wrong one and you may find that touch to focus/track no longer works.
The Sony PCK-LM17 is a semi hard screen protector, it is full supported and works perfectly with the Sony a6400.
The touch screen still works perfectly after the screen protector is installed and it doesn’t affect the clarity of the LCD at all.

Meike MK-A6300 Vertical Grip
Since the Sony a6400 has the same body to the a6300 many of the battery grips, l-brackets and grip extensions that fit the a6300 should also fit the a6400.
Meike MK-A6300 vertical grip is designed for the Sony a6000 and a6300, however it does fit the a6400 and allows you to double the battery life when you have 2x NP-FW50 batteries inserted in the grip
as well as improving the ergonomics of the a6400. Since the a6400 was never designed to work with a battery grip (there is no official Sony grip), you will not get a status indicator for the two individual batteries.

iiiNelson

Personally I’m taking my own advice and holding still on any camera purchases until I see if there is any truth to the impending Sony rumors (pro body APS-C/A9II/A7SIII/other rumored future cameras). I’d prefer to stay within the Sony ecosystem because it’s less expensive then completely changing but there are a handful of course I can take that includes maintaining Sony as my professional system and adding a secondary system for personal projects/use, switching to Fuji (yeah that’s back on the table), or adding/switching to Panasonic L-Mount in conjunction with my existing Micro 4/3 kit.

An extremely distant possibility is re-evaluate the Canon RF system once they announce/release their pro body. I like the lens lineup as it seems to be “top notch” there but the available bodies are a complete non-starter for me personally.