The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vintage Equipment-Huge Print

gurtch

Not Sony, and off topic. Maybe someone may be interested.

I received a print order on my web site for an image I made in March 1993. Although I was using Zeiss and Leica 35mm equipment, and also medium format, I also collected (still do) older 35mm SLRs. Somewhere around 1993 I acquired a vintage Topcon R built in 1957 with 58mm Auto Topcor (the camera model with EXTERNAL semi auto lenses). The largest print I had made (darkroom print) was 16"x20". The print order was for 20"x30". The 1957 Topcor produced "dreamy" images, that is why I sometimes used it. The negative was scanned with a Polaroid 120 Sprintscan at 3000 dpi. I used PK Sharpener's Capture Sharpener on the image, selecting slow speed 35mm negative film as the medium. I then enlarged the image to 20"x30" at 360 dpi using "Blow Up 2". I then used PK Sharpener for output sharpening, and printed it on my Epson 7890. The image is stunning. Here is what the image is:
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
MODERN PICTORIALS
S143A framed.jpg