The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony a7r3 + Actus = does it work with Rodenstock 55mm?

Just checking if anyone has experience with the Cambo Actus (regular rotating rear standard) and the Rodenstock apo sironar digital 55mm, or the apograndagon 55mm

is the flange distance ok with the sony?

what about the 60mm HR in case?

Thanks

Audii-Dudii

Just checking if anyone has experience with the Cambo Actus (regular rotating rear standard) and the Rodenstock apo sironar digital 55mm, or the apograndagon 55mm

is the flange distance ok with the sony?
I have no experience with this particular combo, but I am an Actus user and recalled an older thread about using this lens with an A7RII.

According to that post -- https://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/55661-a7rii-cambo-actus.html -- you shouldn't have any problems with the FFD, but I know the grip on the A7RIII body is deeper than grip on the A7RII body, hence it might be an issue.

Perhaps send a PM to the original poster, as he may have upgraded his camera and/or know the answer? He should also be able to advise you if there are any red/green color issue shifts when using this lens with an A7R-series camera, as I know this has been an issue with other view camera-type lenses.

MrSmith

55 mm will work without problems, also the 45 mm and schneider 47 mm. 35 mm should work also.
the 45mm doesn’t work on the actus/sony combination. i know this as i tried it and it didn’t focus at infinity or at any usable distance for tabletop work. (this was before cambo released a handy chart with what does/doesn't work on the actus.)

Alkibiades

the 45mm doesn’t work on the actus/sony combination. i know this as i tried it and it didn’t focus at infinity or at any usable distance for tabletop work. (this was before cambo released a handy chart with what does/doesn't work on the actus.)
I must admit that the system I use is the arca swiss that is similar to the Actus, but not the same afcourse.
On arca 55 mm, 47 and 35 mm schneider work well- for sure. so when even schneider 35 mm works so I thought there should be no problem with roddy 45 mm...
Did you think that with the 45 mm there is the problem in the length of the rear element of the lens or is the camera construction the problem?

TimoK

I must admit that the system I use is the arca swiss that is similar to the Actus, but not the same afcourse.
On arca 55 mm, 47 and 35 mm schneider work well- for sure. so when even schneider 35 mm works so I thought there should be no problem with roddy 45 mm...
Did you think that with the 45 mm there is the problem in the length of the rear element of the lens or is the camera construction the problem?
The problem is in the camera construction and in the rear element's size, in the diameter and the length. The diameter of Rodie 45mm rear lens is 60mm.
In the Actus' rear standard there is a rounded 51mm hole. :facesmack:
With smaller lenses you can focus so that the lens is in the rear standard (with limited movements), but not with 45mm Rodie.
So Actus' rear standard and camera mount ads ~ 12mm flange to Sony 18mm body flange. That is too much for 45mm, but 55mm and 60mm HR should work. I guess the tilt is limited.
The lens compatibility chart is downloadable here: https://www.cambousa.com/downloads