The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtländer 50/2

JoelM

Very excited about this lens. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against my Loxia.

Joel

Knorp

Don't know about the Loxia, but if it stacks up to my 65/2 or 21/1.4, it'll be sublime.
In fact I'm more interested how it stacks up to its peers: the Leica 50/2 APO-Summicron M or SL ... :grin:

vjbelle

Not a doubt in my mind that I would order one when available. Odd that Voigtlander doesn't provide MTF for any other lens.

Victor

drunkenspyder

Thanks. I see this is showing in stock on December 11, 2019. I wrote B+H to see if they have it on the calendar yet.
B+H says this is not yet showing as officially released or announced by Voigtlander. I know there's been a press release from somewhere, but nothing official just yet. Fingers crossed for next month.

pegelli

I'll probably use my saved pennies first on the APO Lanthar 110, before spending it on this one.
I'm sure it will be stellar (like all recent Voigtländer offerings) but I already have enough nifty 50's, some good, some very good and some where "character" surpasses quality :LOL: