The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Square frame In EVF and on LCD

vjbelle

When I set an autofocus lens to 'autofocus' a square gride line appears that is visible in EVF and on the LCD. If I switch the lens to manual focus the square grid line disappears. I can't figure out why it's there or what it's purpose is.

Does anyone know?

Thanks for any input......

Victor

vjbelle

Mike..... thanks so much. I did have that turned on and it was done recently as I was curious about phase detection lenses. I am totally ignorant regarding this as I am mostly manual focus but am coming up to speed as auto focus is needed with the R7M4 in some of my situations - in fact more than I thought.

Great camera that I have no regrets buying.......

Victor

iiiNelson

Mike..... thanks so much. I did have that turned on and it was done recently as I was curious about phase detection lenses. I am totally ignorant regarding this as I am mostly manual focus but am coming up to speed as auto focus is needed with the R7M4 in some of my situations - in fact more than I thought.

Great camera that I have no regrets buying.......

Victor
In general, for all Sony cameras, I recommend that people leave the camera in AFC and Wide area for their autofocus needs. It takes care of most things effectively. I also would recommend that people assign eye autofocus to a custom or AF-ON button prior to the real-time tracking being introduced.