The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I shall give it a shot!

rayyan

I ordered a Sony A7R iii with the 24-105 f4 G OSS lens. I wanted a full one week testing and return, replace with new or refund policy. Not repair!
They are waiting a go, no-go from their district manager.

The main contender was of course the Nikon Z7.

Both had their pros and cons. I decided on the availability of a proven travel zoom lens with excellent quality for landscapes and general travel. The compromise was the ergonomics. Not in the build for me, but menus.
I have tons of set-up videos on YouTube and elsewhere to help me up and running on that score.

My Fuji’s? The repaired X-H1 and a few lenses have been given to my grandson who is here currently and resides in Canada. I shall keep the X-Pro2 and the wife the X-T1.

The Df....I have not decided what to do with it yet...along with some of the lenses. No haste there.

If the Sony dealer cannot give me return guarantee, I shall get one in the States, coz my family is traveling to and fro quite often. Not a big issue.

I have a trip planned in January 2020. I have a colonoscopy scheduled on Christmas Day! Guess Santa’s present for me. If results are satisfactory, I shall give myself a New Years present.

If, God forbid, something is not up to scratch re: medical test....I shall ask the wife to give me a present to ease my worry!

rayyan

Sony refused to give me time to test and return/new. Once bought it is only repair!
So that option is out.

I live in a very dusty environment. And when it rains, there is dust followed by rain.
Nikon has better weather sealing. They will allow replace the body and/or lens if faulty when purchased new.
2 years warranty. Good pricing matching U.S prices.

Decision is whether a Z6 or a z7. Z7 is a a want ( what about my computer hw with those files..I have a fully specked late 2012 iMac ? And all the sw? Catalina does not run quite a lot of it esp. my CS6 ).

Lenses I shall get 24-70/4, 12-30, 85/1.8.

I purchase tomorrow.