The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flash Trigger for 7RM4

vjbelle

I am trying to trigger my 7RM4 and just can't with my PocketWizards. The PocketWizards work fine on my GFX. I have 4 older Flex TT5 triggers that I use just as basic triggers with numerous flashes which is all I need for my purposes. Is this due to the fact that the Sony shoe isn't standard? It seems that the pins just don't match. What is the solution? Is there a shoe adapter? Is there another trigger I can use that will match up with the PocketWizards?

Thanks for any replies.....

Victor

iiiNelson

I am trying to trigger my 7RM4 and just can't with my PocketWizards. The PocketWizards work fine on my GFX. I have 4 older Flex TT5 triggers that I use just as basic triggers with numerous flashes which is all I need for my purposes. Is this due to the fact that the Sony shoe isn't standard? It seems that the pins just don't match. What is the solution? Is there a shoe adapter? Is there another trigger I can use that will match up with the PocketWizards?

Thanks for any replies.....

Victor
Sony did make a hot shoe adapter years ago but I’m unsure if it’s still available. I don’t use PW but I’m sure there are some that do. They should trigger off center pin with an MIS adapter.

vjbelle

The adapter that Sony makes is for the older quick couple shoe. That won't work on the 7RM4. There are times, if I reposition the PW, when everything will fire but its really hit and miss. I'm convinced that it's a shoe issue.

Thanks much for the reply.....

Victor

iiiNelson

The adapter that Sony makes is for the older quick couple shoe. That won't work on the 7RM4. There are times, if I reposition the PW, when everything will fire but its really hit and miss. I'm convinced that it's a shoe issue.

Thanks much for the reply.....

Victor
Well that’s unfortunate. Hope you find a solution that works for you. I did see this thread. I don’t know that you’ve read it or if it would be helpful. It’s older but may still apply.

https://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic/1563-a7rii-with-pocketwizard/

vjbelle

Well that’s unfortunate. Hope you find a solution that works for you. I did see this thread. I don’t know that you’ve read it or if it would be helpful. It’s older but may still apply.

https://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic/1563-a7rii-with-pocketwizard/
There is a solution and its the Vello Hot shoe adapter for Sony Multi-interface shoe. The pocket wizards don't fit the Sony since they were designed for a generic/standard hot shoe. The adapter is very inexpensive and it allows me to use my 5 TT5 adapters and speedlights for my few flash projects.

Thanks for your help......

Victor