Site Sponsors

Thread: Flash Trigger for 7RM4

Post Thanks / Like

Flash Trigger for 7RM4

I am trying to trigger my 7RM4 and just can't with my PocketWizards. The PocketWizards work fine on my GFX. I have 4 older Flex TT5 triggers that I use just as basic triggers with numerous flashes which is all I need for my purposes. Is this due to the fact that the Sony shoe isn't standard? It seems that the pins just don't match. What is the solution? Is there a shoe adapter? Is there another trigger I can use that will match up with the PocketWizards?

Thanks for any replies.....

Victor

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flash Trigger for 7RM4

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    I am trying to trigger my 7RM4 and just can't with my PocketWizards. The PocketWizards work fine on my GFX. I have 4 older Flex TT5 triggers that I use just as basic triggers with numerous flashes which is all I need for my purposes. Is this due to the fact that the Sony shoe isn't standard? It seems that the pins just don't match. What is the solution? Is there a shoe adapter? Is there another trigger I can use that will match up with the PocketWizards?

Thanks for any replies.....

Victor
    Sony did make a hot shoe adapter years ago but Iím unsure if itís still available. I donít use PW but Iím sure there are some that do. They should trigger off center pin with an MIS adapter.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

The adapter that Sony makes is for the older quick couple shoe. That won't work on the 7RM4. There are times, if I reposition the PW, when everything will fire but its really hit and miss. I'm convinced that it's a shoe issue.

Thanks much for the reply.....

Victor

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vjbelle View Post
    The adapter that Sony makes is for the older quick couple shoe. That won't work on the 7RM4. There are times, if I reposition the PW, when everything will fire but its really hit and miss. I'm convinced that it's a shoe issue.

Thanks much for the reply.....

Victor
    Well thatís unfortunate. Hope you find a solution that works for you. I did see this thread. I donít know that youíve read it or if it would be helpful. Itís older but may still apply.

https://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic...-pocketwizard/
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    Well thatís unfortunate. Hope you find a solution that works for you. I did see this thread. I donít know that youíve read it or if it would be helpful. Itís older but may still apply.

https://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic...-pocketwizard/
    There is a solution and its the Vello Hot shoe adapter for Sony Multi-interface shoe. The pocket wizards don't fit the Sony since they were designed for a generic/standard hot shoe. The adapter is very inexpensive and it allows me to use my 5 TT5 adapters and speedlights for my few flash projects.

Thanks for your help......

Victor
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post