The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Very tight 7r3 lens mount

AndyPtak

I have an original 7r and a 7r3. When I attach a non-Sony lens to the r3 it's so tight that it's hard to get it on. The same lens on the original r is just fine. I used to think it was my Metabones Canon to Sony adapter but I just got a CV 21 for E mount and it's exactly the same. I'm concerned about the constant pressure on the camera and lens mounts - I know that replacement camera mounts are available from people like Fotodiox but they are for a tighter fit because the original r mounts could be a bit sloppy. Anyone know of a way to loosen it up and still keep the alignment?

pegelli

I had the same problem with some older adapters and bought a few new ones to replace the ones I found too tight on the newer/sturdier mounts. The ones that I got from K&F concept are reasonably priced, reasonable quality and fit well on the late A7 models. YMMV.

Knorp

That doesn't seem right, perhaps the mount of your 7r3 is out of tolerance or even faulty ?
Recently I read here somewhere it's not okay to use the d-word.
Otherwise I'd say go and see your dealer ... :facesmack:

All the best.

pegelli

....... but I just got a CV 21 for E mount and it's exactly the same..........
oooops, missed this the first time, and then I agree with Bart. All my CV E-mount lenses (a 12/5.6 and 65/2) fit snugly but not tight on my A7Rii, which also has the later more sturdy mount. It's only some older adapters I had trouble with and needed a better replacement.

Red735i

I had an A7. The mount was very sloppy. It was a known issue that the mount on these early cameras wore out a bit. Fotodiox even made a replacement body flange to fix the issue. ( Which, on my A7, was too tight.)
My A7rii and A7ii is just fine....