The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to remove shadows on dslr sony a5100

luizcrf

Hello everyone!
Two weeks ago I bought a Sony a5100 with 16-50 lenses (Model SELP1650), but when I started filming I noticed shadows around the image.
I researched forums about the problem, and saw that it could be an effect called 'vignette'.
I shoot with the setting 1/80 F5.6 and ISO around 400 to 600 (with 3 lamps of 60w in a room of 3 meters by 3 meters)
and I was recommended to set the camera to 1/60 F11 and a higher ISO (around 2000)
I put this setting, but with the ISO increased, the image is very saturated.
Is there any other solution to remove these shadows?
The camera is very good, and the focus is fast, but this problem with "shadows" (or "vignettes") is putting an end to my filming.

The image below is part of a shot on a white wall
Configurations: 1/80 F5.6 and ISO around 400 to 600 (with 3 60w lamps in a 3 meter by 3 meter room)
https://imgur.com/yRsQuai

pegelli

Make sure in the menu your automatic lens correction is "On" or "Auto" and that both the lens and camera have the latest firmware installed.

If not try f8 (vignetting usually increases with wide open aperture), increasing iso really shouldn't increase the saturation of the colours, unless you've set that as such in the "Creative Style" or "Picture Effect". Make sure everything is at 0 or neutral there.