The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tutorial for Sony A7R IV?

gurtch

Greetings all:
I am moving from an A7RII to A7RIV. The new camera is due to be shipped Friday. Can anyone suggest a tutorial or third party book? I am 83 and learning to use a new camera has been a bit of a struggle lately. I also use a Fuji GFX 50R which I have now had for a year and a half, and still screw things up from time to time. The Fuji book does not even have an index. If anyone out there made a similar switch, are the two camera operations similar? Any glaring operational differences? I have an oversized eye cup, and hopefully it can be swapped with the new camera. I also have a Kirk quick release plate (NOT an L bracket), and I assume it will not fit. Using the GFX 50R and Fuji lenses lately, I must say the combination produces the sharpest and best images I have ever made in all my years in photography. It produces stunning 24"x32" prints. I am hoping the A7RIV will come close. But I know that also involves the highest quality lenses, and I am not sure my Sony and Zeiss lenses are up to it.
TIA
Dave in NJ

pegelli

I can recommend this one from Gary Friedman

I don't have the specific A7Riv book (since I don't have that camera) but all his books that I have used from him are very helpful since he clearly explains why and how stuff works in a very practical manner. He also explains his own settings as well as how to set it up differently for different shooting conditions.