Site Sponsors

Thread: Vibration reduction is pretty cool

Post Thanks / Like

Vibration reduction is pretty cool

I shot this hand held at f2 1/10th of a sec. Not a great picture but it shows what the vibration reduction can do for you

panyawong

Re: Vibration reduction is pretty cool

I could not agree more. 1/10sec handheld is useful in below situation ( w/ 300mm) as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So far I have been very impressed with this camera and the Zeiss glass is out of this world. I now have the 85, 135 and 16-35

JT

Post Thanks / Like

I hold my camerafor 4 seconds

Post Thanks / Like

oops

Shelby Lewis

Testing the SS this evening in my garage... ahem... office this evening with a new, cheap lens... Sony 28/2.8

WOW!

Using the oft-maligned sony 28/2.8 at 1/4 second (yep one-quarter of a second)... big wedding tomorrow, and you can see all my lights and stuff strewn about in the background

100% crop... not beautiful, but pretty darn good at ISO 800, 1/4 second, wide open... bit of motion blur, bit of wide open softness... but imminently usable.

I love this camera

Post Thanks / Like

This is pretty impressive - both image stabilization and that cheap lens results

Tells me that we have access now to an immense lineup on "cheap" Sony and Minolta lenses which are at least performing above good average. This is very important if you look for a specific lens for a specific need and do not want to put the extra money in it because you need it only very rarely.

My first camera was a Minolta SRT101 - yes you know now how old I could be - and from this time I know how GOOD and EXCELLENT Minolta lenses always were! Great quality for good and fair prices. And you can use all the AF Minolta glass also on the A900 and you get IS for free!

I also love this camera

Post Thanks / Like

The IS is what led me to purchase this camera, besides the great IQ of the photos i was seeing. I was sick of purchasing VR lens for the Nikon. Every lens will work on the A900 and the IS is just a bonus.
    Joe