The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A900 on Kauai (lots of pics)

kuau

Workshop Member
I agree with Terry the photo of the boat on the water is perfect.. suitable for framing and I would hang it on my wall in a second. Hey if you want me to do a print for you on my HP Z3200 printer I would be happy to do it for you for free. Kind of a wedding gift.
Steven

douglasf13

Thanks, Steven, you're way too kind. You wouldn't believe the detail of that boat at 100%....also, it's hard to tell, but the picture before the horse shot has a little lighthouse on the point that is fully detailed at 100%. The A900 resolution is quite something. I have some more shots that I may post later on.

That is quite a generous offer about the print. I'll think it over and PM you. Thanks again, Douglas

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Everybody has already said everything, so just let me add congrats on (1) your marriage and (2) (yes, 2) your photos.

For the record I've been married for 44 years and am finally pretty free to buy whatever gear I want...

Best wishes,
Bill

MoJo

Registred Users
Stunning pictures, and an inspiration to me. I wish you the best in your new marriage. those photos have just about pushed me over the edge in upgrading my own kit, getting prices tomorrow. I am ordinarily a B/W shooter, yet yours and Jonos and a few others, Bauman, have nudged me into being more open to color possibilities.
blessings,
-Josef

wayne_s

Douglas,

Congratulations on you marriage and honeymoon in Hawaiian Paradise!
Hawaii is one of my favorite places and I desperately need to go back there soon.

Very nice shots of the Napali coast and waterfalls.
Really like #2 and #7, the night shot as it reminds me of a beautiful sunset I experienced on Maui like that with the night time sky with the still partially lit clouds.
Sony's greens work nicely with the Hawaiian lush vegitation.
I guess you didn't have the CZ 16-35 down on you wedding registry! ;) LOL
Mahalo!

P

panyawong

Congratulations on you marriage, Douglas. The shoot from the hip to get the perfectly focus bird shot is amazing! Nice scenery too, were you on a copter or plane?
Panya

douglasf13

Thanks! I was pretty shocked that I managed to get a focused shot on that bird, and I should say that I did have to crop a little off the right side for framing. The aerial shots were from a helicopter witthout doors with the 24-70 and a Nikon polarizer II.

woodyspedden

Everybody has already said everything, so just let me add congrats on (1) your marriage and (2) (yes, 2) your photos.

For the record I've been married for 44 years and am finally pretty free to buy whatever gear I want...

Best wishes,
Bill
Sorry Bill

I have only made it 40 years so far so I have a way to go to catch you.

On the other hand, IMHO it is the journey that is the essence here. I have enjoyed every moment I have spent with my Phyllis and I hope to have one more forever as well.

We are lucky people who have chosen wisely and sanctified our vows

Woody

douglasf13

Stunning pictures, and an inspiration to me. I wish you the best in your new marriage. those photos have just about pushed me over the edge in upgrading my own kit, getting prices tomorrow. I am ordinarily a B/W shooter, yet yours and Jonos and a few others, Bauman, have nudged me into being more open to color possibilities.
blessings,
-Josef
Oddly enough, I've recently been inspired to go all B&W. Go figure. :)

MoJo

Registred Users
well, doug, i will always be a 98% BW shooter, though there are some shots i have seen here that just are gorgeous in color. take a look at my website, you might see some interesting BW.

BTW, I just won an award at "The Art of Photography" show in San Diego, for the attached photo. Over 15,000 entries, and only 111 chosen for the show. Here is my photo....

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Very great shots! Have been myself on Kauai several years ago and this is a lovely place to stay indeed.

All the best to you and your wife :)

Douglas, congratulations to you and your wife. Best wishes for many wonderful years to come. I am sure y'all had a great time on your honeymoon in Hawaii and you came away with some very good photos.

I am will be vacationing in Kauai for 10 days in July. Any suggestions for photo spots would be appreciated. I am especially interested in which helicopter tour you did that didn't have doors.

Mark

douglasf13

Douglas, congratulations to you and your wife. Best wishes for many wonderful years to come. I am sure y'all had a great time on your honeymoon in Hawaii and you came away with some very good photos.

I am will be vacationing in Kauai for 10 days in July. Any suggestions for photo spots would be appreciated. I am especially interested in which helicopter tour you did that didn't have doors.

Mark
Thanks, Mark. I went with Jack Harter helicopters, and make sure you request "doors off." Have fun!!

Quentin_Bargate

Spectacular photos, Douglas. Colours are really great. I like the lone sail boat particularly. Tried a similar shot myself years ago with a Mamiya 7. Congratulations of course on your marriage. Sadly Guy is right about new kit:D

Quentin

APY_JR

Hi Douglas!

Great shots... all of them!

Congrats on your recent marriage and may you live long and prosper:)

Never been to Hawaii but these images are definitely inspiration to visit.

Thanks for sharing!

Albert