The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

It's dreadful, seems Nex 7 and CZ E-mount get all the attention in the Sony forum these days ;)

A 5 with some old glass still delivers:

Elmar 50/3.5 (from 1950):

Summicron 50/2 CF (from 1960):

V

Vivek

re: Fun With Sony _____

During the month of October I was engaged in the one-prime challenge the Pegelli mentioned, the prime I chose was a bit tough to work with though -- the Minolta 12.5 f/2 Micro Bellows lens. Here are some of the shots that I like the most from the month. As you can tell it was a struggle at times but it was really fun. Here is the setup:

Poppy seeds:
Very nice, Dave! Particularly the poppy seeds! :thumbs:

Michiel Schierbeek

The novelty of the NEX-7 for the happy few is almost over as they turn out to be in stock more and more even with the kitlens.
So I might as well post in the general NEX thread, for a greater mix of people and NEX's.

Here are a few at sundown in town. ( Amsterdam )

Michiel

Michiel: Somewhat weird colors, particularly the last one, like it! :thumbs:

And a splendid suggestion, to merge the different Nex picture threads, IMO.

So, here one more with even weirder colors:

"Story Tellers"

Nex 5n, 16mm/2.8 @ f/5.0, ISO 1250

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Amin and Hermann.

That last one is a hall of an (luxurious) appartmentbuilding with changing colourlights behind milkglass. I didn't have to do anything for it.

@ Hermann, nice picture. Is that an artprojekt Bei Anruf Story?

Michiel

Thank you Amin and Hermann.

That last one is a hall of an (luxurious) appartmentbuilding with changing colourlights behind milkglass. I didn't have to do anything for it.

@ Hermann, nice picture. Is that an artprojekt Bei Anruf Story?

Michiel

Michiel: You "only" had to have an eye for it, but that's what photography is about, isn't it?

The above picture is from Munich "Winter - Tollwood", a combination of christmas market and theatre festival. And there on the terrain a simple call box, no art project.

One more from that series:

"Burning Bush - St. Paul's"

Nex 5n, 16mm/2.8 @ f4.5, ISO 2000

Best regards from Munich to Holland :)

Quentin_Bargate

18-200???!!! More Jono magic, but is this another new lens? I'm waiting the arrrival in a day or two of the Tamron 18-200mm.

Good stuff too Hermann. Great colours, but I got confused when you said St Pauls :)

I can't keep up with all the new great pics from everyone... All appreciated by me.

jonoslack

I agree - great colours Hermann.
As for the 18-200; I've had it for a while - I got it together with the 5n (which Silas has taken over) It's a fine lens (for what it is of course) - I hope the Tamron is as good. I think Sony put a lot of effort into this lens, as it's really designed to go with their E mount video cameras.

Michiel Schierbeek

Last thursday I became grandfather for the first time in my life. Here are 3 pics of my grandson from the day he was born.
Little late but I wanted the parents to agree on this. I told them that this is a very civilised forum :D

It was dark already so these are shot at 3200 ISO and that is what I call a revelation.

Michiel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.