The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSon

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Uwe, these are wonderful series. I resisted to comment on the first few images, but you keep posting so many more of these beautiful images.
Best Regards,
Son

Martin S

Uwe,

I was afraid that that was the answer. Finances are a little tight right now so a new MAC may have to wait for a while. Most likely I will go for a 27" IMAC I5.

In the meantime will I be able to convert Sony RAW files to Adobe RAW via converter, and then manipulate in CS4???

Thanks

Martin

ustein

Contributing Editor

>In the meantime will I be able to convert Sony RAW files to Adobe RAW via converter, and then manipulate in CS4???

Of course. Or give Bibble 5 a shot (check out the demo first).

U

UK1

Uwe,

Congrats on a stunning web site and some wonderful pictures. You've made me recognise how much I love texture. It explains my obsession with photographing tree bark and lychen on old walls etc! And I'm looking forward to reading more of the hints and tips and lessons on the web site.

One thing I couldn't find. Your pictures benefit from your elegant framing. I couldn't find the product or technique on your web site. How do you do that exactly - they are very textural!

Thanks.

Jeff

ustein

Contributing Editor

>One thing I couldn't find. Your pictures benefit from your elegant framing. I couldn't find the product or technique on your web site. How do you do that exactly - they are very textural!

These are based on custom Photoshop scripts, actions and droptlets. I may write an article about the process.

I launch the droplets as a lost step from Lightroom Export. Automation is key here.

U

UK1

TEBnewyork,

I was interested in some of your daily pics .... and naturally in particular the ones where you used your NEX! Although I hadn't realised that an Iphone was also on the books for panoramas!

Have you found that when using the NEX you resort to less manual adjustment and intervention than you do with your other traditional cameras and leave the work to the camera ...... or do you still fiddle!

Jeff

U

UK1

Thanks Uwe, thanks - I noticed you have a real interest in "darkroom" and project flow. Unluckilly photoshop is not justifiable for me - only elements. Still. I'll just have to imagine them.

Thanks for the reply.

Jeff

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Here are some more snapshots from my NEX-5.
This time everything was shot with the 16mm except for the flys+brocken snail (30mm Macro + Adapter).

Please dont be too hard about the (not really nice) flash pictures.
The storm went away really fast so I had to hurry.
I woke up at 3.50 in the night and had to shut my windows pretty fast because of the storm + rain.
With my sleepy head I took the shots from a tripod with 10 seconds + f10 and 200 iso.
I cropped the unlightend sky on both pics.
This was my first time shooting (and catching) flashes.
In the past I had no camera with me or I couldnt see the sky when a thunderstorm approached...

Last edited:
P

Poki

Ingo,

Great shots! I like the broken snail, and the flashes aren't so bad in my (amateurish) eyes. How well does the autofocus work in macros? I just tried the E-PL1 and even in the macro mode I wasn't able to get the autofocus right with the kit lens.

The NEX-5 unfortunately was out of battery. Hope to get my hands on as early as possible.

Hannes

Terry

Fotoingo - I can't believe in the middle of the night you were able to have a tripod ready to shoot these. I like them!

I also like the one with your shadow. It would make a nice avatar.

J

Jamesmd

re: Fun With Sony _____

All Spain celebrating together

even flies :ROTFL:

A900 50 1,4

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Ingo,
Great shots! I like the broken snail, and the flashes aren't so bad in my (amateurish) eyes. How well does the autofocus work in macros? I just tried the E-PL1 and even in the macro mode I wasn't able to get the autofocus right with the kit lens.
Hannes
Thank you ! With the 30mm Macro the AF does not work right now. This will be available through a software update for the camera + the Sony Alpha Lenses adapter.
The Macro function with the 18-55mm Zoomlens works pretty good.

Fotoingo - I can't believe in the middle of the night you were able to have a tripod ready to shoot these. I like them!

I also like the one with your shadow. It would make a nice avatar.
Haha, thank you too. I grabbed the tripod and set the camera up pretty quickly. No time for trying to get any kind of real compositon in the picture.
Just tried to get as much of the sky in the frame as i could (through my window)

I like that I finally catched some of the flashes but I hate that the pictures are real snapshots (you cannot see the street, all buildings are "snapped" in half and so on ...)

Next time I hopefully have a minute more time and can enjoy the pics a bit more the morning after the storm.

:)

barjohn

Terry, I see where my adapter cleared customs in SF on the 11th but after that the USPS tracking seems to have lost its location. Do you know where yours is yet? I also see the Sony is shipping the 16mm. If they come out with the dual lens kit I will ask for a rebate or to exchange the 16mm and single lens kit for the dual lens kit to save the $150. It will be interesting to see what Sony does. Funny, I was about to cancel the order but now I can't.

barjohn

Time for some fun pictures shot at the W in Westwood and on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills

M

Masterbrew

Anyone found a way to turn off the Shooting Tips button? I'd rather have that button do something else ...

Terry

Terry, I see where my adapter cleared customs in SF on the 11th but after that the USPS tracking seems to have lost its location. Do you know where yours is yet? I also see the Sony is shipping the 16mm. If they come out with the dual lens kit I will ask for a rebate or to exchange the 16mm and single lens kit for the dual lens kit to save the $150. It will be interesting to see what Sony does. Funny, I was about to cancel the order but now I can't.
Not sure where you got any tracking info. I went back to my ebay info and don't see any tracking info.

Status
Not open for further replies.