The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braeside

re: Fun With Sony _____

Hi Edward, Good contrasty monochrome shots - Who were the performers?

I also like the 135/1.8 for concert closeups, gives good isolation of the subject.

Last time I decided to travel light with the 85/2.8 Sony and it worked really well (as I was right up beside the stage). Changing lenses was the only hassle as I didn't take a zoom, just the 16/50/85 primes. Probably could have done most of it with just my 24-70/2.8 now I realise.

edwardkaraa

Hi Edward, Good contrasty monochrome shots - Who were the performers?

I also like the 135/1.8 for concert closeups, gives good isolation of the subject.

Last time I decided to travel light with the 85/2.8 Sony and it worked really well (as I was right up beside the stage). Changing lenses was the only hassle as I didn't take a zoom, just the 16/50/85 primes. Probably could have done most of it with just my 24-70/2.8 now I realise.
Thanks David. Just straight B/W conversions with IDC without any further PP.

These are Macy Gray, Jessy J, Joshua Radin, and Train in this order.

The 135 is really great for this kind of use, I find it too long for portraits. I did miss my zooms during that event, and regretted having sold them. We only were allowed to shoot during the first 2 songs and there was no time to change lenses, so the 135 was the safest choice. I could have done with another body and the 24/2 though.

da_eltsch

Spring has arrived over here ... and the 850 seems to like the sun, too :)

On this sunny spot in Northern Germany we found the first flowers growing and stretching.

pegelli

Got a new (to me) CZ135/1.8
Lots of fun to play with low dof, allthough the model isn't the most beautiful :toocool:

A850 + CZ 135/1.8 @ f2

N

newworld666

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

:thumbup: with the latest firmware, it becomes more comfortable to use the NEX5 with manual focus lenses ...
Some new tests from my office's window with an ultra small mirror lens 300mm/5.6 from danubia

Danubia 300/5,6

FD 85L1,2

FD 50F1,4

pegelli

This one is certainly a beauty :ROTFL:

Nice shot!
Well your last one is a beauty as well. Both the model and the shot :thumbs:

I love how that 50/1.4 performs, lovely little lens. I have an even smaller version in the Minolta 50/1.4 "original", you know the one with the very narrow focussing ring. However it also delivers a beautiful image quality, and by coincidence I also had it with me on my last model shoot :toocool:

edwardkaraa

Thank you pegelli :)

The 50/1.4 is a small gem of a lens indeed. Nice drawing style, beautiful bokeh and a lot of 3D. And a very narrow focusing ring that turns while autofocusing ;) I find it has a lot in common with the 35 G. Typical Minolta classics.

pegelli

Inspired by all these NEX threads with the most exotic lenses I'm currently using a very old Helios 35/2.8 (M42) on my A850. It's fun, allthough the corners are a bit mushy, even at f8 :bugeyes:
However at web-size posting it isn't too bad.

da_eltsch

Got a new (to me) CZ135/1.8
Lots of fun to play with low dof, allthough the model isn't the most beautiful :toocool:

A850 + CZ 135/1.8 @ f2
You are really mean!
First taking all her innosense and good-will and afterwards talking bad about her :D
Nice pic anyway!
:thumbup:

Simon M.

Just got back from San Francisco; first time so lots of shots of/near/around the touristy places. I tried to take images that were not pedestrian, but I did fall for a few 'standard' takes on some locations (Alcatraz for example). Here is the first batch I processed, there will be some monochrome images once more processing is done. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Simon

Lots of great stuff since I last checked in.

Pegell, I prefer my yaks well-groomed... nice shots! Also I love the texture in the gate.

Simon, I especially like the B&W of the base of the pyramid. Nice counterpoint with the conventional architecture in the background.

pegelli

Thanks Dave. I was actually surprized how well the cheap M42 Helios held up on the unforgiving 24 MP of the A850. Corners aren't the greatest but center sharpness is quite good over a large area.

March 26 was "Day 85", a game we're playing in Dyxum to only shoot with a prime on that particular prime day of the year.
So I think this qualifies as ""Fun with Sony"

So that saturday I went out with my old Minolta 85/1.4 RS and among others came back with this:

1: Waterfall

2: Hey, you again :)

3: posing goose

4: Door in a derelict house

5: Some more from the derelict house (actually a whole side wall was missing)

So my next milestone is April 10, for day 100 (with my Minolta 100/2.8 macro D)
Anybody else joining here as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.