The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim DE

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Evening on Front Street Lewes DE

A quaint old Swedish seashore town in the state of Delaware which retains its beauty especially at night when the crowds are gone. Shot with a NEX5 and a Contax G 45 f2 lens

barjohn

Update on replacement lens. It is much better than the prior copy. It still doesn't match the older Leica/Minolta Rokkor 40/2 but at 24mm f5.6 it comes much closer. At 40mm it is closer than the prior copy but still just not as sharp, especially across the frame.

The 18-55 seems to really shine its best at 24mm f 5.6 or f 8.0 in my experience.

G

GaryW

Vivek: I have to believe that there will be an EVF for Nex. Maybe not at the price I'd like to pay, though. :cry:

Jim: are extension tubes a good way to go for macro? The Kenko ones are expensive, but the cheap ones don't pass through any info, and apparently, I wouldn't be able to adjust aperture...

I had a slightly bigger subject this past weekend:

DSC01654 by avidgamefan, on Flickr

Barjohn: congrats on the lens replacement! I've tried a couple of A-mount lenses, and I think my primes are probably a bit sharper, but it's hard to argue with the kit lens. It just works well, the photos look good....

Jim DE

Gary, I'm kinda old school ..... I learned photography when extension tubes were what we used for macro ( or bellows ) so it is just what I do. ;)

The Rokkor 40/2 is one of the sharpest lenses I've owned so I'm not surprised the kit lens is having trouble keeping up.

tm

Update on replacement lens. It is much better than the prior copy. It still doesn't match the older Leica/Minolta Rokkor 40/2 but at 24mm f5.6 it comes much closer. At 40mm it is closer than the prior copy but still just not as sharp, especially across the frame.

The 18-55 seems to really shine its best at 24mm f 5.6 or f 8.0 in my experience.

barjohn

As sharp as it is, and it is very sharp it didn't match the sharpness of the Leica 28/2.8 Asph I had, or the 50 cron.

E

espressogeek

Does anyone have any shots with a NEX and the Konica 50/1.2 that they can post to here?

E

espressogeek

Does anyone have any shots with a NEX and the Konica 50/1.2 that they can post to here?

simonclivehughes

Ken,

Sorry, I don't have both. I've had Leica 90s before, both the f2 and f2.8, but never at the same time as the Voigtländer 90. Regardless, the Voigtländer can certainly hold its own, as you can see. :)

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

On my hardrive I found some pictures I shot some weeks ago in the Romberpark.
Those shots were shot without a tripod at dawn with no sun.
All pics are Iso 400 and times ranging from 1/80th down to 1/30th and even 1/15th.
Contax G 90mm and MAYBE Contax G 45mm

Flowers... Everywhere I look . Flowers !
(Maybe I will shoot something else in the near (winter) future, haha)

-You have to click the pictures twice to get the full 1200 pix picture on your monitor.-

Amatieris

lovely shots with G 90mm! the NEX 5 seems to be very good, the only thing that keeps me back from buying one is the temptation to get FF.

N

newworld666

I own a 5DMKII ... but NEX5 is really a very good complement. And can be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.