The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Can someone please tell me how to get my pictures larger when I post them? Thanks.
The way to show them larger here is to put them on a host (flickr, smugmug, many more options, ...) and link to there from your post here.
If you just upload the pictures on GetDPI they will always show small (like in your case)

pegelli

Yesterday was day 135 (of 2012), so here's some shots with the CZ 135/1.8 to show off the qualities of this lens

Don't think I'll be in the market for an STF soon, bokeh of this monster is nice enough for me.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Nice close ups Pegelli.

Herman; Love the Yellow underground lamps.

Here is one from Zeeland where they set out wild horses. @ 300mm

Michiel

MikalWGrass

Can someone help me out here? If you look carefully there is a nasty squiggly line running from the top of the frame to the bottom, behind my daughter. I seem to only get this squiggly line on this lens (minolta 85/1.4) and the other minolta lens (24/2.8) that I use with the a900. The only time I notice the squiggly line is when I use these combos at the beach. I don't seem to get the line when I use the lens indoors (maybe because the lighting is different?), and it is making me crazy. :cussing:

I never ever change lenses at the beach so I know it isn't sand. Could the sensor be dirty? I will shoot other glass at the beach just to be sure it is the lenses only, but my thinking is that it might be something in the camera.:banghead:

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Arjuna

I am not an expert, but it looks like a dirty sensor to me (a hair?).

Sensor dirt is more visible at smaller apertures (the beach shot shows f18), so more likely to show up at the beach (bright light = smaller apertures) than indoors (low light = larger apertures).

To check, take a picture of an evenly light scene, e.g. a white wall or the sky, with the lens at its smallest aperture. Try multiple lenses. If it is sensor dirt, they should all look the same.

MikalWGrass

Arjuna, thank you for your help. We have a long haired dog whose hair gets everywhere and then some. We were told he wouldn't shed (golden doodle) but you know how that goes.

Taylor Sherman

OK! Some fun with Nex-specific features and/or lenses!

Sweep Panorama!

Cairo seen from the Alabaster Mosque (16mm+fisheye)

The Egyptian-Japanese Friendship bridge crossing the Suez Canal (16mm+fisheye)

HDR Painting!

Looking West to Egypt from the Suez Canal (55-210 at 55mm)

Fisheye! (all w/ the SEL16F28 and fisheye adapter)

My other half at the Temple of Karnak, Luxor, Egypt

The Colosseum, Rome

And finally, the most fun. . .

Auto Mini!

Dockyards at Dubai, from a ship

Soldiers at a checkpoint, Suez canal

And my favorite: cleaning the ubiquitous pontoon bridge parts, Suez canal

mazor

nice pics Taylor, the fish eye adapter for the 16mm is impressive, especially for a light travel solution ;)

pegelli

Pegelli - the Zuiko and the Nex seems to be an excellent combination
Thanks, and yes they are, allthough I like one of my other Zuiko's (the 85/2) even better, but the 135 is a nice little pocket rocket and sometimes the extra reach is helpful.

DjordjeJ

Excellent shots Taylor, although I am not fan of that "mini" effect, but it is surely fun to try.

I just saw Your cruise collection on flickr. I see You had very nice trip. Both 5N and 7 performed well, as I see.

Last edited:

Taylor Sherman

Thanks mazor, DjordjeJ!

I'm definitely happy with the 5N and 7 from the trip. Quite early in the trip I wished that I had the 18-200 zoom :) I definitely see the utility of a lens like that for vacation situations where you don't want to lug several lenses around.

My wife was pretty happy with the 18-55. I brought the 55-210, the 16mm + adapters, and my CV 35/1.2. Oh, and the SEL 30mm macro. That was kind of a dead weight except I did take it out on one excursion where I was worried about getting the Nokton too dusty. It worked reasonably well. The Nokton was good, I left it at f/1.2 most of the time (using a var-ND filter), which meant that I had some pinkish cast on the photos to adjust out in post.

I think that if I had only brought the 16+fisheye and an 18-200 then I would have been pretty satisfied. As it is, I'm glad I took the Nokton as it produces some great photos, however.

pegelli

Mikal, I agree with Arjuna it's probably a hair. Did you manage to get it out?
In case you need it here is a nice article about sensor cleaning that might be helpful.

This morning I sat at my desk and looked into the garden and saw something sparkling. It's always useful that have a camera with a clean sensor and and macro lens ready, because about 5 min. after taking these shots the drops were either evaporated or blown off.

On an Iris bud

A big one a bit lower

And three small ones in the top

A700 + KM 100/2.8 macro D

C&C more than welcome

MikalWGrass

A clean sensor and a macro? I agree, but I now need a macro. The first eggplants of the season are coming in and the Minolta 85/1.4 doesn't do it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.