The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I did not use the moire brush (never had a need). Will try that.

V

Vivek

A quick conversion through SOny IDC, ACR 8.3 RC, LR 5.3 RC (moire brush), etc just brings out the same.

A 100% crop of a bit in the yellow rectangle.

Crop by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

V

Vivek

Vivek, looks fine to me. Thanks.
Your camera and lens seem really sharp!
What am I missing?
Could be the downsizing of the image for internet. I mean in your first shown image.

I have to rephrase my original question, I suppose. :)

How to view downsized (not jpeg, even the RAW files/DNG files/16 bit Tiff at this size look the same! :eek:

The problem is what to do with files like this when I want a "small" print?

algrove

Ario

What R-E adapter are you using, please? Thanks.

Vivek

I think it is just a dirty blind. This pixel peeping is going to drive you mad!

V

Vivek

Vivek

You what is so funny about this? The lens used, OM 85/2 (a classic Sonnar clone) was specifically bought for its bokeh (portrait distance). :ROTFL:

The blinds are from the high court building. They do keep it quite clean (I see window washers often).

Michiel Schierbeek

Downsizing in more steps keep things better. All my downsized images for the web are downsized in at least 3 steps, in each step sharpening applied and no sharpening in ACR, it intervenes somehow.(I use an action for that)
It keeps the files cleaner. I learned that from someone else, of course:)

May be that helps. Your 100% detail looks oké, so it must be possible that it remains so.

(I can send you an action, if you like)

k-hawinkler

Vivek, your camera and lens are fine! It's the bloody software.
Would you mind sharing that image so that I can take a stab at it?

k-hawinkler

Vivek, Michiel, This is the best I can do. http://winklers.smugmug.com/KHW/Oth...mage/i-HMz22nV/0/O/_DSC0511_Grab_1456x967.jpg

Interesting. It breaks all the image developing software except the display App Preview.
So I used IDC, then OUTPUT as TIFF. Preview can read it now.
Zoom out a bit! Use Grab. Voila.

If I try to display the reduced jpg on getdpi.com it gets messed up again.
But you can inspect the jpg on smugmug.

Vivek, that is an incredible sharp shot of a very fine detail!
Congrats! Your lens is a winner on your A7R! :salute:
You just need to print large! :grin:

Here is a smaller version.

Last edited:

As wonderful as it is, I've decided to return the Zeiss 35mm FE in favor of the Minolta AF 35/2 A-mount and the M-Rokkor 40/2 combination.

The 35/2 will give equal performance (based on my tests), is an extra stop faster and will AF quicker in low light with the LAEA-4. The M-Rokkor is tiny and dripping with character and just a blast to use. I wanted the A7 to be a replacement for my RX1 and with the Rokkor it almost feels smaller.

Some test snaps with the M-Rokkor - we finally got a little sun this afternoon.

algrove

You what is so funny about this? The lens used, OM 85/2 (a classic Sonnar clone) was specifically bought for its bokeh (portrait distance). :ROTFL:

The blinds are from the high court building. They do keep it quite clean (I see window washers often).
That lens seems fantastic was all I was trying to say.

Ario

What R-E adapter are you using, please? Thanks.

Vivek

The R-E adapter I have is branded Pixco. I bought it from an Italian on line shop.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Well Jono

Sad news you are returning it. Guess your trip back was 20+ minutes versus the day you went to pick it up.

I will miss your great images and your meaningful input.

@ashwin

Did you order your camera overseas or get the first US copy? Thanks for posting.
Hi Lou, sadly it was just borrowed from a friend who had received an overseas copy. IT's a great camera on many levels, detail in gobs. Probably will work best with its own lenses, but does sufficiently well with M lenses as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.