The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Vivek! Many thanks for your advice.
So works magnification. My wife often criticizes me for not reading manuals after getting new toys. She is right, as usual.
You are welcome! She sure has good ideas! :D

Knorp

Sorry guys for my silly quiz :eek:, but I was so surprised by the rendering of this lens.
Tim is right in that it reminded me too of the F1 Noct.
But no, it's the humble Pentax FA77/1.8 !

Anyway, thank you all for playing along :thumbup:

Kind regards.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Ahh, lenses, such endless fascination and so many pleasant new things to learn! Thanks Bart!

V

Vivek

Sorry guys for my silly quiz :eek:, but I was so surprised by the rendering of this lens.
Tim is right in that it reminded me too of the F1 Noct.
But no, it's the humble Pentax FA77/1.8 !

Anyway, thank you all for playing along :thumbup:

Kind regards.
Damn! I thought it was your Hektor 12.5cm lens , Bart. :eek:

philber

Here are some pics from the A7 and the Elmar-M Asph 24mm + Macro-Elmar-M 90mm F4 Collaps.

:)
Ingo, I seem to see nice and clean shots with the Elmar 24 and the A7. Can you confirm that this is the case? Did you have to clean them up in PP? Do you know if A7R would also handle that lens as successfully?
Thanks

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Ingo, I seem to see nice and clean shots with the Elmar 24 and the A7. Can you confirm that this is the case? Did you have to clean them up in PP? Do you know if A7R would also handle that lens as successfully?
Thanks
Hey !
Yes, I can confirm this. (A7)
The A7 has no magenta corners with the 24mm Elmar-M Asph while the A7R has them.
The Contax G 35mm f2 and Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm f2 work really nice too.

There is some vignetting going on with the 24mm (which is normal) but you can fix it in Lightroom with the vignetting function.

I uploaded test pictures on dropbox for these lenses.
You can check them out here :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsda600bd6n9uxr/A7_A7R_Minolta_Rokkor_40mmf2.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb7hwwoewjnrd22/A7_A7R_G35mmf2.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9rgy383obx99vf/Elmar_24.zip

Each Zip contains 4 pics.
2 from the A7 and 2 from the A7R shot with the lens wide open and at f5,6
unfortunately it was a really cloudy day so I had to shoot at Iso 800.
But I shot the pictures on tripods, so no camera shaking.

You can see that the A7R has a bit more resolution but not that much and that the magenta is there in some shots.

Have fun pixel-peeping !

:salute:

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks Tim. How do the corners look if you get rid of the vignetting?
Very mucky: there's not enough light or enough resolution. I had to pull blue and purple saturation to zero to get rid of the colour shading. It's a B&W only lens on the A7R at wide apertures unless you want to go for the Creative look!

k-hawinkler

From today, with a 35 Lux FLE at F2 and then mucked about with in LR…

Very mucky: there's not enough light or enough resolution. I had to pull blue and purple saturation to zero to get rid of the colour shading. It's a B&W only lens on the A7R at wide apertures unless you want to go for the Creative look!

Thanks. Yup, that's what it looks like. I have the non-FLE version, we'll see.
But I am not hopeful it will turn out better on the A7R.
I like using it though on my M9! :)

retow

Oh boy, not looking too promising. Picked my A7r up yesterday and will try the non FLE version on it as soon as time allows. Took a few snaps with the ZM 50 Sonnar on the way home and the first impression of the A7r-ZM 50 Sonnar is very positive.

Oh boy, not looking too promising. Picked my A7r up yesterday and will try the non FLE version on it as soon as time allows. Took a few snaps with the ZM 50 Sonnar on the way home and the first impression of the A7r-ZM 50 Sonnar is very positive.
I want this combination, if sony won't give us an rx1 50mm version. Can't wait for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.