The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenbb

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

One of my all-time favorite lenses, the Tokina AT-X 90mm f2.5 macro (aka, the Bokina) continues to impress on the A7r. No sharpening or corrections whatsoever. Shot wide open.

W.Utsch

One more day of winter sun, i like that light. Took out the Leica R Apo-Telyt 180/3.4, that lens works great with A7R. With the adapter (Novoflex) it gets a little long (physically and FOV) on the cam but still with good usability. All shots handheld at the Rhein River:

V

Vivek

One of my all-time favorite lenses, the Tokina AT-X 90mm f2.5 macro (aka, the Bokina) continues to impress on the A7r. No sharpening or corrections whatsoever. Shot wide open.
I dig that lens as well. I have the original Vivitar S1 90/2.5. Stunning performer. :thumbs:

A7r arrived, testing it with m and r lenses.
Today compared the summicron m 50 rigid, summicron m 50 last type, sum micron r 50 with sliding hood.
Stopped down, differences are minimal, as aspected. Full open, the R excels,
out resolving the sensor till the extreme corners, with just a little loss of macro
contrast, while the last type and more so the rigid show a moderate reduction of resolution in the corners.
Bokeh and general character are very similar, with my preference for the rigid.(shown in the attached shot)

_DSC0049a by sergio lovisolo, on Flickr

Arne Hvaring

We are getting som great examples of how different lenses work on the a7/a7r!
Here are some with the Zeiss Makro Planar 2/100.

The A7r and the Metabones adapter arrived today. It's really weird to be shooting something so small, but I dig it. Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio on the 24mm TS-E II.

Also, I have a spare Metabones Canon Smart Adapter Mk III if anyone needs one. Unopened.

CB

scho

Carl, depending on which lenses you will be using, you may want to consider a collar mounted to a lens adapter instead of an L-plate. The Novoflex ASTAT-NEX fits all their E-mount adapters. I've decided to go this route for the time being.
Thanks again for the tip Ron. I just received the ASAT-NEX and it fits my adapters just fine. I had to add a small RRS flat plate because the built-in arca/swiss plate was a bit loose fitting on my small RRS ballhead grip.

Contax (C/Y)

Konica AR

cunim

Engine bay. Summicron R 50 F3.5. Light painted using the embedded remote. Nice little app, but it doesn't pick up settings from the camera. You have to set it internally. So, I shot this in jpg instead of raw. My mistake.

Last edited:

Ron Pfister

Excellent, Carl! I'm glad it works for you. :)

I'm planning to compare the ASTAT-NEX to the Metabones Nikon F Adapter II in terms of their stability/rigidity sometime soon.

k-hawinkler

@ Vivek; that Canon lens is great!

A few with my favourite wide zoom on the NEX-7 for street work. As I thought, it works like a charm on the A7r as well.

Many thanks Michiel.
These 3 images convinced me to get a copy of this lens from ebay.
It came with an adapter for MFT cameras.
So I tried it out on my E-M1. I like it! :) http://www.getdpi.com/forum/552942-post138.html
Once my adapter arrives I will give it a try on the A7R that is currently charging! :D

Indeed, many thanks again! :clap:

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

A7 AND 35 FE:

Rich in detail...and bokeh is solid with close focus...

Once again, I am lucky in that I get to borrow and test this lens....so far, not sure I need it, but AF is fast and responsive, particularly with center point focus enabled....

Status
Not open for further replies.