The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

their faces are popping ashwin. that df looks like a beast.

show performance, how were you triggering your strobes? I'm liking the harsh shadows.

frozenbb

@1.8

@5.6

Here are a couple of exceedingly boring test shots with the Voigtlander 21mm f1.8 Ultron and A7r.

They're not scientific, but do show the extent of color shift and edge smearing one encounters with this lens. Focus was in the extreme left-hand corner (the window blinds), and NOT at infinity. In short, once I start shooting proper profiles I think it will play nicely.

Now if only I could remove the damn hood...

V

Vivek

There is a severe storm going on here. Bicycles still are used.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, M Rokkor 40/2, f/2.8, ISO1250, 1/160s

Michiel Schierbeek

This is with the modest 24/2.8 Minolta. Seems to work rather well on the A7r.
(Done in IDC and Gimp :))

BTW This is called "Amsterdan school" architecture, fabulous bricklayers.

Last edited:

Thorkil

There is a severe storm going on here. Bicycles still are used.
Here too, the floor is trembling here under the roof. But the 110 year old big chesnut tree just right beside usually remains....:shocked:

thorkil

Thorkil

Michael, you seems to get the best out of everything, I have to say...but for deadly human beings like me, on the backseat of the bus, there only just seems to be more comfortable, less Scientific solutions to explore our life with(or a bucket full of frustrations) than a A7R...."just" a E-M1, D610 or....or a Df (one can be in love with several at the same time, but for now a Df, perhaps....but one possitive thing about age and laziness as a evolutionally stage, is just a slightly better ability to keep cool....(or at least ought to be))
thorkil

carstenw

Here too, the floor is trembling here under the roof. But the 110 year old big chesnut tree just right beside usually remains....:shocked:

thorkil
There is a bit of wind here in Berlin, more than usual, but the power of the storm seems to have passed north of us.

Held og lykke med træet!

Michiel Schierbeek

Michael, you seems to get the best out of everything, I have to say...but for deadly human beings like me, on the backseat of the bus, there only just seems to be more comfortable, less Scientific solutions to explore our life with(or a bucket full of frustrations) than a A7R...."just" a E-M1, D610 or....or a Df (one can be in love with several at the same time, but for now a Df, perhaps....but one possitive thing about age and laziness as a evolutionally stage, is just a slightly better ability to keep cool....(or at least ought to be))
thorkil
Unfortunatly I seem to be mortal as well, so you're not alone.
It took me some hours to get this done in my, probably temporarely, replacements ofACR and Photoshop.
I get cooler all the time, especially my feet :rolleyes:
Thank you Thorkil for you ever interesting "out of the box " comments.

JonPB

re: Fun With Sony _____

NEX-3, a perfectly good digital back for slow work with a Speed Boosted Summicron R 50. Mostly posting these out of spite for the latest and greatest. :)

Last Night of Hanukkah, 2013:

(35mm f/1.4, blues bumped up, cropped)

Lit/Unlit:

(35mm f/4, background brightened considerably, tree at right brightened, cropped)

Cheers,
Jon

Amin

What an incredible thread this is already. Everyone bringing out their favorite lenses to play. I could spend hours looking through it. Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.