The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

For what its worth: You can download now the "Lens Correction" App and a "Multi-Expousure" App with the cam at Sony PM.
Have not tried the Apps yet, but at least it seems that you can save Exif's for legacy glass.

Ron Pfister

Werner, am I noticing a general green/cyan-shift towards the corners? If this is real, does the LR-profile correct this?

V

Vivek

Werner please check that ASAP and let us know if the corrections (3 different ones) can be done for any manual lens and if that gets registered in the RAW file. This would add value to these cams immensely!

TIA!

(I am having a tough time registering my camera and can not download these things to check it. sony service has been contacted and I hope to get it resolved soon. )

Ron Pfister

I'm on a 30" Quato, and I'm noticing something of the sort in the office shot. Could be the lighting, though.

V

Vivek

But possibly a tsunami in the bowel of whoever eats the contents:cry:
The demo was to show that 0.6s and there was no shutter vibration affecting the clarity, in my hands. The very same goes for your comment also. Certain things are for flavor (not taste) and not to be eaten like a toffee.

So, proper usage (camera or chilli) is always prudent. :D

Last edited:

W.Utsch

Sorry guys i am in a hurry, family is there and they all want to have dinner.:)

Ron, no i do not see any color shift, what you see is maybe Jpeg compression. On my iMac 27 (calibrated) it looks really clean:

This looks way better in LR on my Mac, than posted here in the forum via Flickr. You could see some color in the posted pic but thats not there in the original - believe me!. I would not correct anything via flat field.

Vivek:

I will try out the Apps ASP.
Today thats not possible, otherwise I'm running into BIG probe's....

V

Vivek

Thanks, Werner. :) I do not see any unusual color casts either and mine is a Quato proof monitor. The ceiling is quite reflective and that is what it shows.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Some with the 55mm F1.8

more to come. Gallery here has a lot of test and general shots but beware, my copy is decentered and not as good as I'd expect...

I -love- this camera!

This shot is nothing special, just a snap outside my office, but it's a perfect example of why I love the A7R. I shot this with a more than 30-year-old Canon FD 28mm 2.8, that I paid $30 for. It's so much fun being able to use nearly all my lenses on this wonderful little 'digital back'. And the quality coming from some of these old, inexpensive lenses is remarkable.

Knorp

Nothing spectacular here, but shot this from a windy bridge ...
Should listen to Tim and not too much underexposing.

ISO200, F5.6 or F8.0, 1/200th, Ev -1.0

| leica vario-elmarit-r 1:2.8-4.5/28-90 asph |

Happy with C1 support for the A7R (and E-M1) ... :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: I -love- this camera!

This shot is nothing special, just a snap outside my office, but it's a perfect example of why I love the A7R. I shot this with a more than 30-year-old Canon FD 28mm 2.8, that I paid $30 for. It's so much fun being able to use nearly all my lenses on this wonderful little 'digital back'. And the quality coming from some of these old, inexpensive lenses is remarkable.

Mike was kind enough to send me a few files to play with since he knows Im sitting here waiting for UPS to drop off my adapter. My luck there is a exemption so its late. Grrrrrrrrrr

Anyway this is amazing for such a old lens that it performs this well. Nice shot Mike and thanks check this out folks. I processed this in C1

BTW Images look very similar to my D800e

W.Utsch

Ron, here is a link to an TIFF of the "office shot", you can download and inspect the pic, if you want.
Just exported from LR with no adjustments at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8s4xg4g5wcp185b/DSC04900.tif

I can't find any color shifts. The posted pic was edited a little in LR (Highlights, shadows and rectified).

Very quick, with little care, i ran that pic through the flat field Plugin (with the white one posted as reference) and the outcome was definitive much worse than the original: It changed to colors!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

OT here I am screwed by UPS. My stuff ( adapter and goodies) are stuck in Dallas. Tomorrow

Grrrrrrrrr. Early happy hour coming

Status
Not open for further replies.