The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Thank you Jono! First one in Amsterdam and the other three in Ijmuiden.
Rotterdam is more spectacular but it is farther and it is harder to get close to things or I don't know the right places.
I'm not sure that spectacular is really the point. These are just great photos. I wish I had more time when I was in Holland, usually I'm working in Schiedam or Moerdijk, but when works finished I'm keen to get home.

All the best

Michiel Schierbeek

Same with me when I drive to Normandy or back; you just wanne get there as soon as possible. It is a state of mind one has to switch, very hard.
In a working situation even more. :)

benroy

Subscriber Member

Starting series of Nikon MF classic lenses with the A7...200/4 Nikkor this time...all shot wide open in quite subdued early AM light...amazing! 11x17s are impressive.

Last edited:

Nettar

Trams by night in Hong Kong, the first with the Samyang 14mm lens and the second with an 85mm lens, both on the A7R. Nettar

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Nettar—I know exactly where that first tram was shot (I ran a workshop in HK this year, and will again next) and Michiel—if only those shots had not been ruined by shutter shake!!!! :)

Actually, looking again at the images this page: lovely work everyone.

I took delivery of a pristine (literally brand new) OM 50/2 macro today, but still have no camera to mount it on... (apart from the GX7, for which it is a bit front-heavy).

Nettar

Thanks Kit. We most likely both know Hong Kong well! And you'll know that, depending on the advertising hoardings, you can get excellent lighting even late at night. By "depending on the advertising hoardings," I mean that sometimes the colour of the light from large, illuminated advertisements can be ruinous. I remember an occasion when the light alternated from blue to white every two or three seconds; the white light was quite good, but the blue was not. You had to try to time your picture-taking so that it coincided with the white! Nettar

jlm

Workshop Member

Michiel: didn't we photograph the same ship one time, me in Brooklyln, you in the netherlands?

scho

Just trying out my recently acquired Leitz 90mm f/4 M-Rokkor on some frisky squirrels checking out my bird feeders in a snow squall. This little 90 plus the 28 and 40 make a very nice light weight kit with the A7R. These are relatively inexpensive RF lenses that actually perform exceptionally well on the A7R. No need for FF corner corrections and no smearing either.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Both are Leitz 90mm f4 M-Rokkor at f/4 on the A7R

This one is a 100% crop from an image shot at f/5.6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.