The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I agree - it's only as good as the worst (correctly taken) shot. I've seen no complaints from others with the lens on the A7, and whatever else, I'm nearly as fussy as you about this stuff. On the other hand, several people with the A7r have complained (actually, I've not seen anyone say that it's okay on the A7r).

Well, I went out today and took 55 shots with the camera and the zoom, one grab shot was grotesquely out of focus, the rest are spot on - no funny blur, no smeary corners, only decent, detailed images.

Everything points to it being something inherent in the distinction between the cameras, and as KarlHeinz says, it's unlikely to be a coincidence that Sony didn't bundle the kit with the A7r.
Well you may well be right - I just returned from a walk along the beach and out of 22 shots all but three were not good enough and many downright cr@p... the three that were OK were all where I really stopped, stood dead still, did a double AF and let the OSS settle. So regardless of the underlying reason(s) I have to say that for my walkabout usage, it is close to useless. But hey, it was my risk to put it on the wrong camera. I wish I'd brought my E-M1 and 12-40 F2.8 along instead... but I can't help making myself the guinea pig in my own experiments!

PSon

A7R + Hasselblad Superachromat 250mm F5.6 CFi at shutter speed 1/100 and ISO 5,000
Lens mounted to the tripod and the camera was unmounted.
N = 10 consistent shots
Remote trigger from iPhone

100% Crop

Last edited:

bensonga

A7R + Hasselblad Superachromat 250mm F5.6 CFi at shutter speed 1/100 and ISO 5,000
Lens mounted to the tripod and the camera was unmounted.
N = 10 consistent shots
Remote trigger from iPhone
Amazing. I didn't know there was a Hasselblad to Sony E mount adapter. Which adapter are you using Son?

Gary

PSon

Amazing. I didn't know there was a Hasselblad to Sony E mount adapter. Which adapter are you using Son?

Gary
Hi Gary,
I used the original Hasselblad to Contax (C/Y) + my own adapter that I built about 10 years go which is the Contax (C/Y) to Canon EF + Metabone version III Canon EF to Sony E. A total of 3 stacked adapters to get the Hasselblad to Sony E mount.

BTW I also have the original Novoflex Pentax 67 to Contax 645 adapters. I use this adapter and stack it on the original Contax 645 to Contax N adapter (NAM-1), which was converted to EF mount. I also have the original Hasselblad to Contax 645 adapter (MAM-1). There are many paths combined to get to the Sony E mount. You can just tell me what you have and I can tell you various paths with advantages and disadvantages.

Best Regards,
-Son

Last edited:

PSon

Hasselblad Superachromat 250mm + A7R same setting as above but this time with optimal ISO 50, shutter speed 1.3 second and one stop down @ F8 to demonstrate long lens resolution with the Sony A7R. This is also natural light only. This is 100% crop illustration.

Last edited:

Rich M

Thanks look forward to that.. but why yo use the ASTAT/NEX ?
I am guessing that the ASTAT/NEX (which is the tripod collar) for Novoflex NEX mount adapters was used to stabilize the larger lens. (As opposed to the tripod mounting of the camera body which may put undo strain and the camera lens mount).

R

PSon

I liked the first one but then saw the second one and need to super like!
If you refer to my last BW image, I am humble and honor to get such praise from a person who works I have always admired and learned from through these years. I saw something in the original image and it took me down the path that eventually resulted in the image I presented to the forums. I also like to thanks all of the other likes, they all mean a lot and encouraging.
Many Thanks,
-Son

Slingers

My two cents on the kit lens is it looks like the best E mount kit zoom there is. Jono, Tim, and Matt have all produced some great shots. I wonder if the PDAF on the A7 is helping the focusing of the lens to be more accurate on the A7 and that's why it's only bundled with the A7.

W.Utsch

Very nice, Michiel...

No bubbles but triangles.

The relatively new "West-Hafen" Quarter in Frankfurt/Main.
Once the river Main port in Frankfurt, know a posh living and working district in downtown Frankfurt.

Handheld high ISO's: It was very dark... :

Moore to follow....

Status
Not open for further replies.